Take your place as one of the "Lucky 25" as you blast your way through 25 heart-pounding missions over France, the Netherlands, and deep into the heart of Germany in oredr to complete your final flight and return home to your family.
- Defend your B-17 against the onslaught of incoming German fighters by covering each gunner position on the aircraft. You can switch between the various gunner positions by taping on the desired crewmember location. The available viewpoints are: Tail Gunner, Ball Turret Gunner (with a 360° rotating ball turret), Navigator, Radio Operator, Flight Engineer, Left Waist Gunner, Right Waist Gunner and Bombardier.
- A detailed Mission Briefing Screen shows you the "Target for Today" as well as a chalk map of the flight plan and a slide screen will reveal a reconnaissance photo of the primary target.
- During normal flight, the DS's bottom screen will show the navigator map and give information about the players position in the B-17, the damage sustained and the number of remaining aircraft in the reserve squadron.
- Battle against a host of German World War II fighters including the Focke-Wulf 190A-1, Messerschmitt Bf 109G-6 and Messerschmitt Me 262 A-1a.
- You will encounter Antiaircraft Artillery in every one of the missions and must avoid the barrage to make it through safely and complete the mission.
- When the B-17 approaches the Bomb Run, the top screen automatically switches to the Bombardier's view. The Bombardier will need a steady hand while the pilot has to keep the plane on an even course. There are primary and secondary targets to destroy and at least 50% of the primary target must be eliminated in order to successfully complete the mission.
- Upon completing a mission you enter a debriefing where you will see a list of primary and secondary targets with specific damage percentages, the number of targets successfully destroyed and the number of enemy fighter destroyed. The more targets and enemy planes you destroys, the more decoration will appear on the nose of your plane.
- Crew voiceovers and explosive sound effects make your DS come alive with the sounds of battle.
- Novice and Ace difficulty levels let the player match the challenge to their skill level.
European Release Date: August 24, 2007