As with the company's other hit games, Fish Tycoon and Virtual Villagers, part of the fun and mystery of Plant Tycoon is that gameplay is in real-time, so plants grow and things happen even when you aren't at your computer playing.
"When you work so hard to nurture and grow something, it's exciting to come back again and again and see how it changes," said Arthur Humphrey, founder and CEO of LDW. "It's that element of surprise that makes our games unique and adds a little bit of reality to the simulation."
Other features of Plant Tycoon include:
- Dozens of seed varieties, plant species and gardening tools to work with.
- A wide variety of collectible insects.
- New ways to organize your budding business.
- Gorgeous, all new artwork with detailed dynamically-generated plants.
- Numerous purchasable items allow players to customize their nursery with fountains, statuettes, and more.
- A well-stocked gardening lab offers new chemicals for fun experimentation.
- Introducing pruning to customize the look of your creations.
- Original soundtracks and ambient sound effects.
Plant Tycoon is expected to be available for download in September 2007 with an estimated price of U.S. $19.95.