Earth, 2019: A colossal asteroid crashes down to Earth.
The North Korean Government quickly seals off the island chain, claiming the mysteries of the asteroid for themselves. The United States responds by dispatching an elite team of Delta Force Operators to recon the situation and report back to the Pentagon. Amid rising tensions between the US and North Koreans, the asteroid suddenly bursts open, revealing a massive, 2km high alien ship. The ship generates an immense force sphere, freezing a vast portion of the island and drastically altering the global weather system. The invasion of Earth has begun.
The two rival nations unite to stop the aliens and save mankind. The newly formed alliance fights epic battles against the marauding Aliens. With hope rapidly fading, the player must lead a crack squad through lush tropical jungle, harsh frozen landscapes, and finally into the heart of the alien ship itself for the ultimate Zero G encounter with the aliens.
Crysis offers players a highly immersive FPS experience in which they will have to adapt their tactics, weaponry, armor and gameplay style to survive and defeat the alien invasion.
"Inon’s ability to describe a complex situation through music is uncanny," said Crytek Audio Director Joseph Zajonc. "He grasps human interaction and internal conflict and delivers musical support for these scenarios with sensitivity and assuredness in his compositions. Inon’s sense of orchestration and the sound palette he has developed for this title are integral to the feel and identity of Crysis."
The score was recorded with the acclaimed Northwest Sinfonia Orchestra in Seattle. Zur’s compositions feature sweeping themes, immersive setup pieces, intense action music, and "otherworldly" musical soundscapes performed by the orchestra to invoke the alien influences in the game.
Joseph Zajonc adds, " Inon has such an enthusiasm for composing, it’s a joy to work with him. He really wants to provide exactly the right material for a given game moment, often coming up with an approach that surprises."
Zur’s diverse repertoire of projects includes Hollywood film trailers, network television productions, CGI movies, blockbuster video games and symphony concerts. Most recently Zur composed the music for CBS' "Ghost Whisperer: The Other Side" TV webisode series directed by Claudio Faeh (Hollow Man 2, Starship Troopers 3).
Offering true, open-ended gameplay, Crysis gives gamers an unparalleled amount of freedom that fosters completely unique gaming experiences. Players are outfitted with a revolutionary Nanosuit and an arsenal of fully customizable weapons, giving them a wide array of options not only in approaching the entire game, but every single objective or individual encounter. And they will need every advantage they can get going head to head against a menacing and highly intelligent alien threat amid dynamic, hostile battlefields that range from lush, tropical jungles, flash-frozen landscapes and a horrifying zero gravity environment.
Crysis also breaks new ground in multiplayer with the introduction of PowerStruggle – a unique team-based strategic mode for up to 32 players, where opposing sides battle for control of advanced weaponry and vehicles to overcome their enemies. For those who prefer the pulse-pounding action of deathmatch, Crysis will also feature an Instant Action mode, with the highly adaptive Nanosuit serving as the ultimate tool to outwit your opponents.
- An immersive story that puts you the player in the pivotal role to repel an alien invasion and save mankind.
- A unique three-act structure that forces the player to use real-time armor and weapons customization to adapt to an ever changing dynamic world.
- Encounter a compelling, frightening and totally original alien species that uses its senses intelligently and work in combination with each other to present players with the most challenging opponents yet in an FPS.
- Enemy and ally AI utilise real-world military tactics.
- Take control of a wide variety of land, sea and air vehicles including trucks, tanks, boats and helicopters.
- Explore a living, dynamic world where earthquakes, breaking ice, landslides, and tornados pose a real and an ever-present danger.
- 32-player Multiplayer with real-time armour and weapons customization and an all new mode that combines player modification and tactical objectives.
- Emergent gameplay; actions taken in the game affect future outcomes giving each player a unique experience.
- Highly robust and easy to use mod toolset allow players to create their own expansive levels with game modes for both multiplayer and single player.
- The most realistic environments, spectacular special effects, physics game engine, lighting system and enemy AI through CryENGINE 2.
Crysis, not yet been rated by the ESRB or PEGI, is currently scheduled for November 16, 2007.
More articles about Crysis