Namco Bandai Games brings its classic roster to the Nintendo DS, giving fans a handheld dose of gaming history! Namco Museum DS allows players a chance to enjoy their favorite classics on the next generation of handhelds.
In addition to the included legendary roster, Namco Museum DS also features an updated version of fan favorite, Pac Man Vs. Never before available as a separate product, this present day remake of Pac-Man headlines this compilation, bringing classic gameplay with a twist.
Namco Museum DS includes the following gaming hits:
- Pac-Man VS.: Originally released in 2003 – For the first time in Pac-Man history, you and your friends now have the chance to be the famous ghosts from Pac-Man! With one person playing as Pac-Man and up to 3 people playing as ghosts, this incredibly fun multiplayer game offers nonstop enjoyment with just one game card.
- Dig Dug II: Originally released in 1985 – Equipped with only a drill and a pump, hit weak fault line points in an attempt to sink portions of an island, sending your enemies deep into the sea!
- Galaga: Originally released in 1981 – Pilot a space ship, fend off frantic swarms of aliens, try your luck with “Challenging Stages,” and find the best way to deal with enemies’ powerful tractor beams!
- Galaxian: Originally released in 1979 – A precursor to Galaga, shoot flying aliens as they move in formation to attack you.
- Mappy: Originally released in 1983 – Control Mappy, a police mouse, as he attempts to bring a band of criminal cats to justice. Bounce on trampolines and open or close doors to dodge chasing enemies, all in an attempt to retrieve valuable items from the cats’ mansion
- Pac-Man: Originally released in 1980 – Play the most popular arcade game of all time! Navigate the yellow fellow through the original Pac-Man maze, avoid ghosts while chomping pellets and fruit and use power pellets to turn the ghosts blue and get some payback!
- The Tower of Druaga: Originally released in 1984 – Control a heroic prince, using your sword and shield to slay the terrible demon Druaga.
- Xevious: Originally released in 1982 – Use heavily armed aircraft to destroy enemies and targets in the air and on the ground.
- Great Namco classics: Bring your favorites along with you: Pac-Man, Galaga, Xevious, Dig Dug II, Galaxian, Mappy, and Tower of Druaga
- Pac-Man Vs.: For the first time ever, this collaboration between Toru Iwatani, creator of Pac-Man, and Shigeru Miyamoto, legendary Nintendo creator, is released as a separate product for fans to enjoy!
- Wireless play: Challenge up to 3 of your friends in Pac-Man Vs. as one of you race to chomp up all the pellets. With only one DS card, your friends will be able to play as ghost to stop you on your mission to clear the board.
- Unique viewing style: With a new rendering system, view your classics with the dual screens to your advantage!
Namco Museum DS carries a suggested retail price of $19.99 and will be available in stores on September 10.