Blitzkrieg II: Liberation comes with a tremendous focus on new strategic opportunities, global war and gritty realism of WWII battles. On the side of Soviet Armed Forces, US Army or German Wehrmacht you plan entire operations and lead your men into fierce action, choose reinforcements and use a wide range of new weapons in three full-blown campaigns that span the globe. A new graphics engine and significant advances over the original game place you in control of the most dramatic and bloody conflict of the past century.
Decide what missions to fight, accumulate and call in any type of reinforcements, capture train stations or airfields to receive more troops by rail or secure air supremacy during the entire operation. Accomplish tactical objectives and missions to support your war efforts at a strategic level and ensure your combat efficiency in the decisive battles. Promote and assign commanders to combat units to expand your tactical advantage with over 50 unique skills and real-life abilities. Order engineers to plant TNT charges and blast passing enemy units, use linked grenades for extra damage, suppress infantry with flak fire and master other new combat techniques introduced in Blitzkrieg II.
- Plan your actions strategically, choose what missions to fight, what reinforcements to secure.
- Control of over 250 authentic WWII units and 60 types of infantry.
- Open new tactics and abilities as units grow in experience.
- Use structures and terrain for cover, destroy everything in your path, fight day and night under any climatic conditions on the ground, sea, and in the air!
- Experience intense WWII battles in a stunning full 3D interactive environment, thanks to the advanced Enigma Engine with true Line Of Sight and Line of Fire systems.
- Step, if you dare, into the fury of multiplayer action with match-making and auto-rating support at the special dedicated server.
- Create war the way you want it with the versatile Map and Mod editor
Blitzkrieg 2: Liberation goes on sale 28th September 2007, for the PC.