Gameplay is divided into two major sections: adventure mode and battle mode. While playing in adventure mode the gamer controls their character in real-time. With several classes available at the start of a new game, the player moves through the adventure map seeking various treasures, fighting monsters and accomplishing quests tasked to him by the local stewards. Once in battle mode the gamer assumes the role of a war chief, leading his troops in tactical turn-based combat. Battles take place on land or sea, in dungeons or castles or even in some items! The hero himself doesn't participate in the combat, but can assist his troops by casting spells or summoning different creatures.
“King’s Bounty: The Legend is an adventure with tactical turn-based battles and RPG elements unfolding in a rich fantasy world. The character and his army of companions travel across a huge continent, visiting dozens of different locations all connected to each other. While communicating with NPCs and fulfilling different tasks, the player controls their character in real-time mode and all battles take place in classic King’s Bounty mode with a strong emphasis on turn-based tactical elements”, says Ivan Magazinnikov, project lead designer.
Developed by faithful fans of the original King’s Bounty, King’s Bounty: The Legend continues the remarkable traditions of the legendary role-playing adventure. This creation of Katauri Interactive is not just a spiritual successor for the critically acclaimed series, but its true rejuvenation.
- Classic real-time (adventure) meets turn-based (battles) gameplay
- Rich fantasy setting, storyline with a lot of twists and an unexpected ending
- Three types of characters to choose from – Warrior, Paladin and Mage. Each of them with unique characteristics and abilities
- Huge game world with dozens locations and battlefields – both on the surface and in the dungeons
- The game world isn't static - enemies don't just sit and wait for the hero to arrive, they pursue their own aims and try to get into the player's way
The current release date is scheduled for Q4 2007.
More articles about King's Bounty: The Legend