Key upgrades in version 1.4 include:
- New map (Disc Map)
- New class of mines added - the Cloaked Mine!
- The AI's responses to your actions have been added to the Diplomacy Screen represented by "more/less positive" icons
- Track the status of your enemy's enemies in the Diplomacy Screen... see who's at war and who has entered into non-aggression pacts!
- New Weapon Group Configuration panel added to the Ship Design Screen
- Several adjustments to random events and their timing
- New Sensor Range overlay added to the main star map
- Additional avatars and icons
- New option added allowing players to set automated "per-turn" money/research donations
- Horizontal weapon arc displays added to the Ship Design Screen
Defeat a New Enemy Race in the Action-packed Official Add-on to Sword of the Stars.
The year is 2445. Over 30 years have passed since the first stellar empires began to expand. Four races once set out to explore and conquer the galaxy, meeting in fiery clashes that spanned the universe. The first wars have passed and a promising age of diplomacy dawns.
Now a new alien race emerges shattering the uneasy peace. With new drive systems, ships, technology, and tactics, the Zuul burst onto the scene with a devastating agenda ? not only will they conquer, they will control the entire universe? unless you put a stop to their destruction.
With savage ships and psychic powers, they enslave or annihilate all those who oppose them. As their galley disks descend to harvest slaves from neighboring races, all other empires may be forced to put aside their grudges ? if they do not unite against the Zuul, each race will be systematically exterminated. Form alliances and learn to work with your foes as you lead your fleets to victory in a universe at war in Sword of Stars: Born of Blood.
- Play as the merciless Zuul Slavers with over 90 brand-new ship sections and their unique drive system ? the Tunnel Drive
- Over 25 additional technologies, including new diplomacy and intelligence gathering techs
- 15 more weapons you can add to your ship designs
- New ship sections for the original four races, including: War, Projector, Boarding, and a new type of defense satellite ? the Torpedo Defense Platform
- 4 additional galactic encounters, a new grand menace, plus 3 unique scenarios and 6 original maps
- New game features, including Slavery, Trade Routes, and Diplomatic Communications
More articles about Sword of the Stars: Born of Blood