In Warhawk, players experience the thrill of white-knuckle aerial combat with hundreds of enemy fighters, bone-crunching armored assaults and high-intensity infantry combat in a massive, all-out war fought both on the ground and in the skies.
During gameplay, players are tasked with protecting their homeland from the invading Chernovan armada. By doing so, players take command of the most advanced war machine in the fleet, the Warhawk, capable of aerobatic dogfights at high speeds or hovering over ground troops providing tactical support. Players continue the battle on foot with an arsenal of weaponry including pistols, rifles, grenades and more. Furthermore, players can gain access to an array of ground vehicles and lay waste with powerful weapons mounted on jeeps, tanks and specialty transports.
The stunning graphics and power of PS3 set the stage for a truly unique Warhawk universe filled with hundreds of on-screen vehicles and troops, floating battleships, cruisers and carriers, captivating landscapes, destructible cities, and vibrantly detailed environments for both off- and online gameplay.
- Pilot the most advanced Fighter in the Fleet – Fly or hover to engage in intense dogfights with a vast army of high-flying enemies in addition to enemy ground forces. Player can opt to “steer” the warhawk in flight using the roll, pitch and yaw motion controls of the SIXAXIS? wireless controller.
- Fight on Foot, in Ground Vehicles, or in the Sky – Next-generation multimodal design throws players into a fun and diverse gameplay experience. Fight in the war as a foot soldier, vehicle driver or ace pilot – whatever you want.
- Warhawk is Exclusively Multiplayer - Players can engage in huge multi-modal online battles supporting up to 32 players simultaneously. Additionally, players can play offline with up to 4 players on a split screen or in LAN Mode, which also supports 32 simultanous troops. Through various multiplayer gameplay modes such as Team Deathmatch, Zone Mode and Capture the Flag, players can engage in team play or fend for themselves against a barrage of online enemies.
- Host a PS3 Server - Unlike the traditional server model, Warhawk allows players to use PS3s in their homes as global servers to host online games. This helps ensure that along with the SCEA servers, players can access consumer-hosted, community servers that are available to players around the world.
- Discover a Vast and Unique World – Highly customizable soldiers representing Eucadian and Chernovan forces must defend their territory against online enemies throughout hundreds of square miles of high-resolution and interactive terrain in a world where old and new warfare technologies merge in epic battle.
- Experience an Expansive Online Community – Join or maintain clans in the Warhawk online community. Full stats, rankings, leaderboards, badges, awards and more are supported and reward players for success on the battlefield. Players can stay organized online with user-friendly communication tools.
- Friends can Join Instantly - Warhawk’s QuickSplit technology allows up to four players to battle simultaneously on a single PS3 – either online or offline - with the press of a button.
- Powered by PLAYSTATION 3 - The processing power of PS3 enables Warhawk to feature a wide variety of fluidly moving characters and various combat vehicles, all of which realistically interact with their environments, leading to more chaotic and immersive warfare.
Warhawk will be available, for download or Blu-Ray, on August 28. The retail edition will cost $60, but will include a Bluetooth headset.
More articles about Warhawk