While this game is free to play, you do NEED to have a PlayNC account, which is also free. So if you do not have one yet, sign up here and request a free serial key (takes less than 2 minutes). There is an optional to play ($4.99/month) for advanced features such as in-game inventory bank, access to high powered in-game items, front of the line server access if servers are full, and other extra with more planned for the future.
Topping the features of Chunk #1 is PvP action. The Dungeon Runners PvP worlds eliminate all player-versus-environment tasks, focusing solely on player-versus-player combat in a variety of maps and settings. Chunk #1 provides two PvP session types including group practice PvP, which focuses on small PvP free-for-all maps where players can hone their battle skills without a time limit; and group-versus-group death match PvP, which automatically pits similarly powered groups in seven-minute matches.
“The introduction of PvP combat to Dungeon Runners rounds out the features that MMO players expect to see in their RPG games,” said Stephen Nichols, NCsoft’s producer and lead programmer for Dungeon Runners. “Even though we provide most of our game for free, we are still able to regularly deliver large blocks of feature content and this is just the first of many additions to the game our players will see. Chunk #1, which includes PvP, will add a whole bunch of new content that will give every one of our players new challenges and new opportunities to have fun.”
Chunk #1 will also give players up to three characters for each account created so they can play multiple characters in a variety of shapes, sizes and sexes. “It is common in MMOs for boys to be girls and vise-versa,” said Nichols. “With multiple character slots, our players can take on whatever roles they like, depending on their mood.”
Additionally, Chunk #1 includes 70 new quests, several new armor sets and many new skills, including teleport, heal self and a skill that improves a weapon’s slashing ability, called “awesome cleavage.” A new, tough dungeon for level 75-100 players has been added where new quests, monsters and an all-new boss can be found. Chunk #1 will also allow players to trade items over their chat windows, which gives other players the ability to see the name and attributes of the items up for trade.
This content update also includes improvement to player controls which reduce movement activation delays.
- Quench your deepest dungeon crawling thirst in this multiplayer online role-playing game that’s home to an exciting realm of magic, terror and adventure.
- Build your own custom hero and venture into the great dungeon to discover realms of danger, wonder and excitement. Tackle quests and retrieve powerful items - as your hero gains experience, you will unlock new powers.
- Adventure alone or form your own team of heroes to battle the menaces that plague the world
- Undertake over 50 missions and quests to rid the world of unspeakable horrors and legions of enemies
- Gather in public meeting areas, then adventure in instanced dungeons
- Discover clues to uncover the mysterious evil terrorising the land
- Become a legend: bask in the limelight as your powers, equipment, and influence grow with each successful mission and every fallen foe
- Dungeon Runners will continually expand to include new maps, new monsters, and new powers!
More articles about Dungeon Runners