Now with the FIFA 08 shooting system you can enjoy even more control and precision in front of the goal to become a true marksman. The next-generation ball-striking engine calculates shot success by combining an almost infinite number of different contexts, including ball spin, pressure from defenders, player attributes, and even air pressure to recreate the drama and unpredictable nature of shooting.
For the first time ever, fans playing FIFA 08 will face the pressure to improve their game that real-world players endure every day. A new play mode called Be A Pro locks you in the role of a single player and challenges you to master the same disciplines as a real football player—from positioning and tackling to reading the field and passing.
FIFA 08 introduces skill moves with a true next-generation organic ‘building-block’ system enabling you to combine tricks and skill moves together to recreate signature moves from the real-world superstars or define your own style of play. Animations can be interrupted at any time to transition into a new move, enabling you to read and respond to the defence, just like real life. Master the skills to break down the defence, elude your marker and lead your team to victory.
The award-winning Interactive Leagues feature that was first introduced in FIFA 07, now makes its debut on Xbox 360 and PS3. Represent your club online against your rivals throughout the season in the F.A. Premier League, Bundesliga, French League or Mexican 1st Division. When they play, you play.
In addition, FIFA 08 is dramatically more real and exhilarating with the inclusion of 620 licensed teams, 30 leagues, and more than 15,000 players making it 20% larger than FIFA 07 on current generation formats.
EA has created a unique character of the celebrated Brazilian International football star that will be playable in FIFA 08 on Wii. The Wii-exclusive Ronaldinho will host a game mode designed and created exclusively for Wii called Footii Party with Ronaldinho. With this mode, EA introduces unique party games - including Table Football and Shoot Off – where you can play as your self-created Mii character to unlock Ronaldinho and take on the champ. Each Footii Party game is created as a multiplayer, social experience designed to engage and entertain fans of all ages.
The game's revolutionary FreeMotion controls help level the playing field for all players and turns FIFA 08 on Wii into a physical, social activity. It also provides gamers with a truly authentic football experience with more control than ever before. It's easy to pick-up and play and with the in-game Football Academy you can learn basic and advanced controls in more than 30 interactive tutorials. Each lesson teaches you how to master the FreeMotion controls and perform all the necessary movements to dominate on the pitch.
- A true next-generation ball-striking engine calculates shot success by combining an almost infinite number of different contexts, including ball spin, pressure from defenders, player attributes, and even air pressure to recreate the drama and unpredictable nature of shooting.
- Now featuring AI with a 35-point decision engine which enables players to process 1,000 potential options and reactions every second in real time -- more than 60,000 options every minute -- via a dynamic ‘Threat Map’ system to capture the excitement and realism of soccer.
- Be a Pro: Offline Training — Think and react like a real professional soccer player. Play the entire game as a fixed player while getting real time feedback and analysis on the fly. A unique camera angle keeps both player and action in focus, zooming in when you’re on attack.
- A new, organic building-block system enables you to combine tricks and skill moves together to recreate signature moves from the real-world superstars or define your own style of play. Animations can be interrupted at any time to transition into a new move, just like real life.
- Dictate the play with new manual controls for through-passing and crossing. Now use the right-stick to quickly switch defenders and choose exactly who you want defending, when you want him.
- Create and organize your own multiplayer Friends Leagues and tournaments with all the tools in-game.
- Represent your club online against your rivals throughout the season in the F.A. Premier League, Bundesliga, French League or Mexican 1st Division. Features weekly in-game pod casts by the development team.
- Capture your best goals and highlights in-game and bring them online for the world to see. Upload your highlights to the FIFA 08 website to create the ultimate highlight reel to prove the stories you are telling your friends are all true. Because without the footage, it’s fiction.
- Receive up-to-the-minute soccer news and podcasts from media outlets.
- Dramatically more authentic and exhilarating with 620 licensed teams, 30 official leagues, and more than 15,000 players.
- Play 60 tournaments, including 35 officially licensed ones, or create one of your own.
FIFA 08, not yet been rated by the ESRB or PEGI, is scheduled for world wide release this Autumn on the Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, NDS, PSP, and PC.
More articles about FIFA 08