Free Add-On v1.1 Features :
- Mid-mission save function
- Two new player vessels: jet-ski and hovercraft
- Enhanced ship bridges with more interactive elements
- 20 new additional missions – Now 50 missions in total!
- A system for sinking ships during missions when damaged below the water line
- An advanced system for establishing ranks in different ship classes linked to the online player profile
- Setting a trajectory with waypoints in free-roaming mode by pointing-and-clicking on the game map
- Extended environments for Rotterdam and Hamburg harbours
- Option for dual-screen users (full chart on second monitor)
- Rating missions indicated by stars
The Mission Editor is available in English only, but can be used in combination with Ship Simulator 2008 in any language. The Mission Editor includes an English PDF Manual which explains all features and functionalities.
VSTEP's Producer, Pjotr van Schothorst said, "After the UK release of the game in July, the large community flooded us with positive reactions, as well as suggestions. We take our users very seriously and went to work on this huge content upgrade to fulfil the requests on our users' wish lists. We also added a couple of fast and exciting vessels to this add-on, which may expand the player base beyond the realm of pure simulation and ship lovers."
Erik Schreuder, Lighthouse Interactive CEO added, "This is an uncanny amount of free stuff that is being released for an already awesome simulation game. We continue to prove to our customers that we are in this game for the long run and we promise there is much more to come!"
Ship Simulator is a simulation game that puts players at the helm of some of the most varied and detailed ships to be found at sea, all set within stunningly realistic 3D environments. Players can take control of a wide array of ship types, from massive cargo ships to speedboats, yachts, water taxis and even the mighty Titanic. The waters you sail are also as varied as the ships, from the biggest harbours in the world to calm aqua marine tropical waters. Perform tasks in the many pre-fab missions or just steam ahead freely.
Ship Simulator is a revolutionary simulation game that puts players at the helm of some of the most varied and detailed ships to be found at sea. Players will need to perform a multitude of tasks, all set within a stunning 3D environment, taking control of a wide array of ship types – from massive cargo ships and ferries, to speedboats, yachts, water taxis and even the mighty Titanic. The waters you sail are also as varied as the ships, with newly added harbours such as Southampton (including the Solent), Marseille and San Francisco. Ship Simulator 2008 will amaze you with its progress and will rock your simulated world.
Several new key features in Ship Simulator 2008 include:
- Dynamic ocean waves, with realistic ship motions
- Long distance travels , open ocean voyages between ports
- Visible damage system
- 30 new complex and challenging missions
- Extensive day, night, and weather systems
- 6 new ships, an oil rig, and 3 new environments
- Walkthrough functionality and interactive bridge controls on all ships
- Controllable container crane
- Multiplayer feature to be added this September
- Advanced vector graphic sea chart with full-screen display option, transparency setting, and high level-of-detail on text and depth readings
- Advanced damage system showing holes in the ships after severe collisions
- Free-roam mode where players can choose a ship, an environment, and set all weather, day, and time parameters which replaces the need for a mission editor for 99.9% of users
- Realistic bow splash water, with support from an advanced physics simulation model
- Extensive mapping options for keys and joystick buttons
- Advanced rope system which allows you to connect and disconnect player ships to other ships or mooring boulders at will (anchoring is now also possible)
- Addition of icebergs which cause damage when you collide with them
- A system for sinking player ships when damaged below the water line (feature will be added this September).
During the summer, VSTEP will continue to work on localized versions for other European territories which are expected to ship in September 2007.
More articles about Ship Simulator 2008