Arena Wars Reloaded offers a unique combination of action and strategy in its fast-paced RTS battles: New graphics, a wealth of new features, proven balancing and many innovative ideas will once again attract fans of accessible strategy gaming.
With modern graphics technology, Arena Wars Reloaded’s RTS battles have made a leap in graphical quality. All units and buildings for Arena Wars Reloaded were redesigned and rebuilt from the ground up. Models with up to ten times the polygon count and modern shader effects make the game a graphical highlight in the RTS genre. Elaborate normal mapping of all units, buildings and terrain guarantees for detailed battles and realistic mayhem. New terrain shader effects and post-screen shaders round out the game’s look.
This v2.0.16 patch works for both the full and the demo version.
This patch slightly changes the way AWR is started, however this should not impact you at all, since all links/shortcuts still work like before.
The original ArenaWarsReloaded.exe has been replaced with a launcher application and two new executables have been added: ArenaWarsReloadedFull.exe and ArenaWarsReloadedDemo.exe.
The launcher application will start the appropriate executable automatically, no user input is required.
Note to owners of the full version:
You may start ArenaWarsReloadedDemo.exe manually if you wish to play the demo version.
Note to owners of the demo version:
You will not be able to use ArenaWarsReloadedFull.exe since the copy protection is still in place. The provided quick launch executables AWREditor.exe, AWROnlyChat.exe and AWRReplayManager.exe will not work for you, since the neccessary functions are not available in the demo version.
- Some graphics cards and/or older drivers caused the ESL banner to look weird. This has been fixed.
- The ESL banner will now link to the ESL website.
- ESL games can only be played by exactly to players (1on1). No more players can join (this includes observers).
- Illegal filename characters (i.e. the colon) will now be removed from the game name when trying to save the replay.
- The rendering of objects on screen (only used in the editor) will no longer use render targets, instead models are directly rendered on screen. This will increase compatibility with older graphics cards.
- You can now disable the voice and webcam data of observers.
- A serious bug that caused heavy framerate slowdowns on some ATI graphic cards has been fixed.
- The framerate display has been moved to F12.
- A bug with the virus item has been fixed.
- When minimized Arena Wars Reloaded will not use full CPU power anymore.
- On some systems with a different language setting an error occured when starting a game. This has been fixed.
- Various smaller issues with older graphics cards were fixed.
- Using the "/stats <Playername>" command is now possible ingame (although you should probably use it before starting a game ;-) )
- Observers can now chat with each other. However, there is no way for observers to chat with the active players.
- Linkdead players will now be kicked from the game after 25 seconds.
- You can no longer conquer the turret or resource building by teleporting close to the building. You now have to teleport directly into the center of the building.
- You can now whisper players, who are currently in a game (using "/w <Name>" or "/whisper <Name>").
- The AWRReplayManager, AWRChatOnly and AWREditor executables have been readded.
- Fun games will no longer count towards your ladder stats.
- A bug was fixed that caused some games to be displayed up to 30 times.
- A bug was fixed that caused newly joined players to hang at 100% loading.
More articles about Arena Wars Reloaded