“We continue to see great success with Bomberman Live, and are committed to bringing fresh new content through add-on packs for the game,” said John Greiner, President and CEO of Hudson Entertainment. “Hudson is always pushing the creative envelope, and featuring a major gaming website in a game, a first for the industry, is a fun way to demonstrate our dedication to the community.”
“Not only is it an honor to have Destructoid represented in Bomberman Live, but it may also be the first time an online community has been immortalized in a popular gaming franchise,” said Niero Gonzalez, Creator of Destructoid.com. “We’re grateful that Hudson has extended our brand in this unique way, and invite all gamers to wreak havoc as the infamous Mr. Destructoid.”
This Bomberman LIVE add-on pack will add the following features:
- The Destructoid Mascot – The iconic, robotic mascot makes his way into the game, complete with his trademark helmet and white suit. Players can dress up their Bomberman as the robot and bomb away with the impunity of a blogger.
- Ten New Characters – In addition to Destructoid, other new characters include “Bomberella” the cavewoman and “El Bombito” the matador, resulting in countless new ways for players to customize their in-game Bomberman.
- Two Additional Levels – New arenas include “Medieval Times,” a level in which bombs and sorcery collide, and the hypersonic “Full Tilt.” racetrack
- One New Game Mode – “Bomb Shelters” will allow players to hide from explosions in a small, fireproof building.
- Two New Leaderboards – Dominate the competition on two new ranking systems on the Xbox LIVE® network. The new leaderboards will track performance on both a weekly and an all-time basis for the speed circle gimmicks on the new “Full Tilt” map.
Originally launched in the US in 1987, the game captured gamers’ hearts with its simple yet challenging gameplay. With over 60 iterations on nearly all major consoles since then, and over 10 million units sold, winning accolades as the best multiplayer game of all time, this classic game has stood the test of time. The overall design appeals to gamers of all ages, and to both men and women. The game is simple enough: from a top-down perspective, you compete against other players in a grid-like arena. Your only weapon is a bomb, which you can drop to clear out obstacles or to knock out your opponents. Players can pick up upgrades, which become available when they clear obstacles, to increase their chances of winning. The game is fun, yet frantic, and brings out the most competitive spirit in all of us! The new Bomberman Live game has garnered numerous awards, is currently a top seller on the Xbox LIVE® Arcade platform.
More articles about Bomberman Live