Experience the new high-definition, next generation sights and sounds of Beautiful Katamari as the Prince takes on a new high-rolling adventure, with his famous cousins in tow, to save the Katamari universe once again after the King of All Cosmos has a very un-royal and unfortunate accident. As usual, the King of All Cosmos demands the service of his son, the Prince, to roll anything and everything up into massive clumps and set things right, bringing harmony once again to the Katamari Cosmos.
Take the Prince for a spin in astounding 720p next-gen graphics, that stay true to the quirky yet captivating art direction the series is known for, but glistening with a new coat of paint in high-definition, as the Prince is tasked to roll up bizarre objects in brand new environments. To keep his son inspired, the King of All Cosmos will provide another fresh and memorable soundtrack that will have players moving and grooving to the beat as they roll through the absurd, yet wonderful world of Beautiful Katamari.
One is a lonely number, but thankfully the Prince can humbly ask the aid of over 50 of his cousins to get the ball rolling through his quest. The cousins have discovered new games to play since last time out, and love to compete with friends in multiplayer Katamari rolling games either together or online over Xbox Live.The Prince and his cousins' online adventure won't end there as a variety of future downloadable content will become available, continuing to expand on the amazing world of Beautiful Katamari, long after the game has launched. More online features will be rolled out at a later date.
For the first time, Beautiful Katamari takes the popular franchise online worldwide with a high-rolling 4-player VS mode where Katamari fans from around the globe will be able to compete against each other in a "Thingy Battle." The objective of this battle mode is to roll up the most of one particular item (decided by the King of all Cosmos, of course) in order to show the King you are the best planet-creator around. The player with the most items collected at the end of the time limit will win the session and the love of the King. With five different online stages that vary in space and time, the fun and addicting online VS mode will have Katamari fans hooked.
In addition to the VS mode, Beautiful Katamari will include online worldwide leaderboards for the number of presents and cousins collected in the single player game, as well as a worldwide online ranking that shows off players' individual scores for the online VS mode. Keeping in line with the quirky theme, the game also includes a planet called "Everyone's Katamari" that shows the combined size of everyone's Katamari by a cow grazing in a field. The more the world rolls up, the larger the cow becomes! Mooooooooooo!
The Prince and his cousins have access to everything in the game via the unique menu system called Princedom. When in the Princedom, players can roam from level to level, change options, view cut-scenes, switch characters, and get together for a fun and fabulous groove session at the jukebox. In addition to a unique and interactive menu system, the levels in Beautiful Katamari also feature more depth than ever before. In Roller Roaster, The Prince must collect all objects that are either hot or associated with heat such as pizza, coffee, or hamburgers, to get his Katamari up to 10,000 degrees Celsius. In order to obtain your hotness and win the mission, players must avoid rolling up cold objects like ice cream, soda, fire extinguishers and falling in the river! The hotter you stay, the cooler you will be in Beautiful Katamari!
- Katamari leaps into the next generation with an upgrade into the HD era with increased visual depth and seamless Katamari growth.
- Pick up items at your leisure to a brand new catchy soundtrack.
- New levels and objects present the player with more craziness to conquer like keeping your cool and collecting frosty items in the Ice House!
- New cousins join the fun to bring the total to over 50 playable characters, each with their own quirky animations and style.
- Share the experience with another player as you race to collect more objects than each other. Tired of battling it out? Make peace and work together in CO-OP mode to roll the same katamari. Make sure your communication skills are working at peak efficiency!
- For the first time ever, the Katamari franchise rolls into the online world. Compete with your friends to roll up everything or as many specific objects as possible. As your waiting for more online players, also take part in the lively mini-games that populate the lobby and spread the world of Katamari Damacy.
- The world’s ever changing as your game will continue to give you joy through downloadable content ready to give you a fresh experience every time you fire up your system.
Release Date: October 2007(JP&US), 2008(PAL)
More articles about Beautiful Katamari