NBA 2K8 will feature incredible graphics, unmatched gameplay and exciting new features to provide the most comprehensive and realistic basketball experience ever created for gamers. Using the latest in motion capture technology, 2K Sports will record the NBA players’ signature moves for inclusion into the game. NBA 2K8 features exciting all-new play modes, defensive mechanics, off-ball controls, a radically improved franchise mode and an impressive set of other updated features.
As the newest offering of this elite series, NBA 2K8 will elevate the game of basketball to new levels never experienced before for the next generation systems. NBA 2K8 will also continue to build and expand the groundbreaking Signature Style feature that will include hundreds of new shooting, passing, and dribbling animations.
As one of the music industry's most influential producers, J Dilla inspired many artists, including Common, Q-Tip, Talib Kweli and Madlib, all of whom he had previously collaborated with in some fashion. These artists were tapped to keep J Dilla's legacy alive because of their friendship and respect for this fallen talent. Now exclusively on the NBA 2K8 soundtrack, three J Dilla tracks will feature the lyrics of Common, Q-Tip, Talib Kweli, and Madlib.
"J Dilla was one of the industry's greatest talents," said Q-Tip. "This recording is reflective of his legacy and of the wonderful body of work that he left behind."
The in-game soundtrack to NBA 2K8 introduces today's gamers to classic tracks from The Highlighters Band, Ernie and The Topnotes, Billy Ball & The Upsetters, and The Fabulous Jades. Rounding out the soundtrack are offerings from Quasimoto, Percee P, Run-DMC, Devo, Cut Chemist, Fishbone, Stone Roses and many more.
"For the NBA 2K8 soundtrack, we wanted to produce something diverse that bridges modern hip-hop with its rich heritage in funk and groove," said Tim Rosa, 2K Sports Director of Brand and Lifestyle Marketing. "In addition to showcasing some of J Dilla's finest and unreleased cuts with marquee artists like Common, Talib Kweli and Q-Tip, we've included a diverse group of artists whose music really captures the spirit of the game."
- J Dilla feat. Madlib "The Official (2K8 Mix)"
- J Dilla feat. Q-Tip & Talib Kweli "Lightworks"
- J Dilla feat. Common "E=MC2"
- Run-DMC "Sucka MC's"
- Stone Roses "Fool's Gold"
- Breakestra "Getcho Soul Together Pt. 2"
- Fishbone "Skankin to the Beat"
- Tommy Guerrero "Molotov Telegram"
- Percee P "Throwback Rap Attack"
- Quasimoto "Chrome Dreams"
- Devo "Through Being Cool"
- Quantic "When You're Through"
- J. Rocc "Cold Heat Megamix"
- Cut Chemist "Bunky's Pick"
- Billy Ball & The Upsetters "Tighten Up Tighter"
- The Highlighters Band "Funky 16 Corners"
- A Guy Called Gerald "Hurry to Go Easy"
- Sonic Trip "Energy Play"
- Baron Zen "Turn Around (Peanut Butter Wolf Instrumental Mix)"
- Finley Quaye "Ultra Stimulation"
- G-Love & Special Sauce "Shooting Hoops"
- Ernie & The Topnotes "Dap Walk"
- The Fabulous Jades "Cold Heat"
NBA 2K8, rated E for Everyone, will be available October 2, 2007 for the Xbox 360, the PS3, and PS2.