Kane & Lynch: Dead Men is a dark and gritty tale of two men -- one a flawed mercenary, the other a medicated psychopath -- forced to embark on a violent and chaotic journey, hating each other every step of the way. The action begins as Kane makes his painful final journey to death row, paying the price for his days as a mercenary, only to be busted out by The 7, the ruthless organization of which he used to be a member. The 7 offer Kane the ultimate proposition: return the loot he stole or sacrifice his wife and daughter. Lynch has been contracted by The 7 to watch Kane's every move; but Lynch has his own internal demons to battle, as he is tormented by episodes of violent dementia, that turn him into a ruthless psychopath.
"Kane & Lynch: Dead Men redefines the action shooter genre, delivering real characters, driven to do terrible things by the circumstances and mistakes in their lives," said Robert Lindsey, executive vice president of Sales and Marketing, Eidos Inc. "From the opening sequence of the game, Kane & Lynch: Dead Men plunges players into an intense, emotional, movie-like experience. It's a fantastic story, boasting a wicked plot with one hell of a sting in the tale at the end - this is the game that fans of movies like Heat, Collateral, and The Departed have been waiting for."
Kane is able to use the world around him to his advantage, creating mayhem in every highly destructible environment; blowing up cars and fuel tanks to efficiently take down pursuers. Creating panic by opening fire in a packed Toyko nightclub, just to use the ensuing chaos to cover his escape and using cover to avoid enemy fire while taking precise aim to shoot down single or multiple enemies; He can also blind fire around corners, lay down cover fire with submachine guns, hurl grenades or tear gas to disarm enemies or use an enemy's sniper rifle to fire that single, deadly shot.
Providing additional backup, Kane has the option to control a crew of criminal mercenaries to scout new and potentially dangerous locations or take out specific enemies. The optional crew-based combat system allows for added tactical strategy when in heavy gunfight situations enabling Kane to direct a crew member to cover fire at a specific target while sending another crew member to protect his flank position.
One element Kane cannot control is Lynch. Succumbing frequently to psychotic episodes, Lynch flies off the handle at critical moments, foiling Kane's plans. In the two player Co-op mode, players get a split screen glimpse at the world through Lynch's eyes. Players will also have the opportunity to play in the unique online multiplayer mode, supporting up to eight players online. This new multiplayer twist will shake up the online gameplay experience.
- Tense and unpredictable experience: This is the violent and chaotic journey of two men: a flawed mercenary and a medicated psychopath. Each hates the other but must work together to save themselves and possibly the ones they love. Play Kane in single-player mode and either character in two-player co-op mode.
- Violence erupts in meticulously created “safe” worlds: Realistic and responsive environments and crowds react when events get of out control. Crowded nightclubs and calm bank offices become scenes of sudden terror. Manipulate the environments and crowds strategically to complete objectives.
- Wide variety of intense 3rd person game play: Rappel from buildings, firing on the run or from moving vehicles, launch surprise attacks, lay down cover fire, and shoot blind from around corners, hurl smoke, tear, and incendiary grenades
- Fast and intuitive combat: Lead a crew of criminal mercenaries to increase your chance of surviving and reaching your goals. You can also fight alone as your crew AI will automatically draw fire, throw grenades, lay down cover, and engage in close combat with their own signature moves.
- Two-player co-operative game play: Team up and play the full story with a friend as either Kane or Lynch. On the big jobs, split the command of your crew. At any point in the game you can choose to play the next, or previous, levels in co-op.
- Innovative multi-player levels: Based on the game’s themes for up to 8 players.
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men, rated 'M' for Mature, is scheduled to launch Nov. 20, on PS3, Xbox 360, and PC.
More articles about Kane & Lynch: Dead Men