Top Gear: Downforce, developed by Tantalus Interactive, brings the speed and fury of strategic racing to the DS with a new top-down viewpoint, boasting 3D models, robust vehicle physics, and the ability to place hazards on the track surface using the touch screen. With 30 vehicle options, a multitude of hazards, and alternate paths and shortcuts, players may test their abilities in the single-player mode or challenge their friends via wireless multiplayer races.
Tantalus CEO Tom Crago said the company was happy to have the opportunity to develop another title in the Top Gear franchise. “We loved the original Top Gear on N64, and of course our rally title on GBA was a big success. This time around we’re attempting something completely different. We want to create a racing game that feels perfectly at home on the DS platform, something built from the ground up to exploit the cool features of the hardware.”
- Race on tracks featuring a variety of terrains, alternate paths, and shortcuts
- Manually place hazards to hinder your opponents while avoiding the traps others have set for you
- Race against your friends with DS wireless communications, featuring multi-card and single-card play
- Customize your racing experience with 6 car models, a variety of skins, and dozens of personal emblems
- Smart, competitive AI for fender bashing racing
- Master the power slide technique to get ahead of the competition
Rated "E" for Everyone by the ESRB, Top Gear: Downforce has a suggested retail price of $29.99 (USD).
More articles about Top Gear: Downforce