Players will be thrust into a deep and harrowing story as four unique races battle for supremacy on the planet Saraksh. Each race possesses and can easily develop distinguishable technologies, leading to the presence of vastly different heavy armored units, transport units and aviation units on the battlefield. The battles take place among vivid extraterrestrial landscapes in 3D with day and night changes as well as dynamic weather conditions that affect the gameplay.
In addition to the interesting story line, Galactic Assault offers a revolutionary tactical combat system, more than 70 unique units of great power and high-definition visuals that will immerse players in a horrendous story of war and survival.
Some tactical objectives include:
- Obtaining positional advantage on the battlefield
- Positioning of units to maximise reserve and support fire
- Development and protection of military bases and depots
- Establishment of new army, navy and air-force formations in a timely manner
- Successful withdrawal and reinforcement of battle-damaged troops using army trucks, without affecting the frontline
- Using units effectively by attacking the enemy with the most appropriate formation type.I.e. Anti-tank cannons vs. Penal tanks or anti-air tanks vs. dive-bombers.
Only when the correct tactical objectives for the current situation are met can the player have any hope of attaining victory against a determined foe.
Game features include:
- Immersive storyline based on "Inhabited Island" (aka "Prisoner of Power") by the Strugatsky brothers
- 4 totally unique races: Land of the Fathers, Khonties, Barbarians and Island Empire
- Realistic battle system (camouflage, fog of war, return fire, mine laying, fortifications, land and air troop carriers)
- Advanced technology tree and unit upgrade system
- Realistic full 3D environment with day/night change and weather effects
- Cinematic Camera mode showing the most dramatic moments
The title will be shipped to stores in North America on September 10 and will enter European store shelves on September 14. Simultaneously, Galactic Assault: Prisoner of Power will be available on the download portal GamersGate and will retail for $39.99/ €39.99.
More articles about Galactic Assault: Prisoner of Power