Armageddon Empires takes the best elements of collectable card games (don’t worry there are no cards to chase you get them all), board games, and computer games and brings them all together to provide a unique strategy war game experience. Choose a normal size map and battle in a death match with a single AI opponent finishing within an hour or select a huge map and slug it out with the other 3 factions in a game of epic proportions.
Update Notes 1.05
- Fixed bug where Ground to Air challenges that resulted in destruction of last unit card in an army by HARM caused an error.
- Fixed bug where an army defending in a minefield could cause the game to stall.
- Fixed bug where eliminating last unit card in an army besieging a hex would not reset the army to a non sieging status which resulted in errors when combat was initiated.
- Fixed bug where battle draw result would result in destruction of defending garrison. A draw at a besieged hex now results in sieging units having to retreat a hex and the siege is lifted.
- Fixed bug where AI was responding too aggressively in Assassin vs Assassin duels as target.
- Fixed bug where bonus from infantry support was being carried over an additional turn into the next combat.
- Fixed bug where goal to reinforce Air Assault Group was not canceling the goal already assigned to the air assault army.
- Fixed bug where indie unit card with the sniper ability was causing error when requesting AP for a sniper attackFixed bug where quick rolls for dice rolled because of tactics cards were not synched with dice sound.
Cards drawn from the deck or added to the hand from a menu now always appear in the last visible slot on the right.
*New Game Play Changes*
Buying initiative dice now costs more resources per die as the total number of die purchased increases.
1st and 2nd die purchased cost 1 resource
3rd and 4th die purchased cost 2 resources
5th and 6th die purchased cost 3 resources
7th die purchased costs 4 resources
Increased AP Deployment costs: Unit cards that cost 4 points or higher to add to your deck now cost more Action Points for deployment.
4 point cards cost 1 AP extra
5, 6 point cards cost 2 AP extra
7, 8, point cards cost 3 AP extra
Siege rules have been changed to permit armies in the besieged hex to hold out for longer. Armies that are besieged in a hex now remain in supply for the remainder of the turn plus 1 turn for every facility level of the outpost or stronghold.
Bounty hunters have been improved to help deal with assassins and saboteurs.
Bounty hunters now add their bounty hunter level to the strength of every observation check in the same hex. Multiple bounty hunters skill levels stack for this purpose up to a maximum strength of 10 dice. Additionally, when a bounty hunter hero is the target of an assassination attempt the challenge is treated as a duel and the bounty hunter hero is allowed to use his fate for the challenge.
- Turn based strategy game in a post-apocalyptic setting versus 1 to 3 AI opponents.
- Hexagonal maps depicting the ravaged wastes of earth circa 2345 featuring 3 map sizes ranging from normal to huge.
- 4 playable factions each with unique units, art and playing styles.
- Over 75 faction heroes lead your armies into battle. Heroes allow for larger, more effective armies and have their own special abilities that can change the tide of battle or even create new weapons and technology cards.
- Over 200 unique units wage battle across the savage landscape; command infantry, cyborgs, robots, powered battle armor, armor, artillery, mecha, biomecha and many more.
- Over 80 unique special abilities for heroes and units; abilities like multi-targeting, shock attack, double attack, fanatic, military genius and valor allow you to find exciting combos of play just like you would in a collectible card or miniatures game.
- Collectible card game flavor without the expense. Each hero, unit or facility is a card that can be added to your play deck.
- Board game mechanics. Roll a unit’s attack die versus another unit’s defense die and play special abilities and cards to alter the results.
- Assassinate enemy heroes, sabotage enemy facilities, gather intelligence through espionage and stealth, hunt down enemy heroes and hold them prisoner.
- Drop thermonuclear weapons on your enemies or load out your units with tactical nuke cards created by your leading technologists.
- Challenging goal based AI agents see the same game you do and must gather intelligence, build armies and formulate plans just like you: “No cheating.”
More articles about Armageddon Empires