The patch will include a number of gameplay additions and enhancements including:
- Some characters will now be able to select costume-specific pants in alternate costumes, for example equipping Costume A pants in Costume B.
- Replays of online battles can now be saved.
- One additional item per character (appear as "Downloaded item" in Costume settings/Item edit dialog).
- Gamer pictures will now be shown in online battles.
- After winning the World Tournament Final, it's now more likely that rivals you have not defeated will be playing in arcades.
- When someone joins an online match, you can now see their connection quality.
- Various fixes for minor bugs, including a texture bug.
- Easier sorting of rankings.
- Rematches in Online VS. Player Matches now possible even when the players haven't added their opponent to their friend list
Virtua Fighter 5 will elevate the arcade fighting genre to all new heights as the game promises to take true advantage of the capabilities of the next generation hardware. Virtua Fighter 5 raises the bar for console fighting games including all the features fans know and love plus enhanced gameplay mechanics, additional characters and new fighting styles, as well as newly redesigned 3D environments.
Virtua Fighter 5 will deliver fast-paced, adrenaline-pumping action as players head into battle, taking on a host of popular characters. The game will introduce two new dynamic characters, El Blaze and Eileen, complete with new fighting techniques and from completely different backgrounds. Play as one of the 17 default characters in the game or customize a character to become the top Virtua Fighter. Players will be able to modify their characters by selecting from four base costumes and then decorate them by attaching a wide range of unlockable and earnable items. Players will not only achieve victory by defeating highly-skilled opponents, but also by competing for prizes and earning in-game money allowing them to buy many items at an in-game shop. Further building upon the depth of the series, players will now be able to move around their opponent using an “Offensive Move” technique, adding a new strategic element to their battles.
The Xbox 360 version of Virtua Fighter 5 is based on the latest arcade version update and features both analogue-stick and D-pad control, as well as vibration support. The game also includes an improved Quest mode featuring more CPU rivals, items, and emblems for character customisation. The DOJO mode has added features including leaderboards, training move settings, improved throw and escape training, and the option to change your opponent’s position and recovery type. These all work to create a more refined DOJO mode where players can improve their fighting strategy.
Now featuring an online two-player versus mode via Xbox Live, Virtua Fighter 5 will allow players to compete online. Players will also be able to select one of the 17 characters or customise them in Quest mode. Customisation features allow players to modify their characters by selecting from four base costumes and then attaching a wide range of unlockable and earnable items. Players will not only achieve victory by defeating highly-skilled opponents, but also by competing for prizes and earning in-game money which allows them to buy many items at an in-game shop.
- Two New Characters, El Blaze and Eileen, round out the cast of 17 dynamic characters. El Blaze is a Mexican wrestling champion that uses the Lucha Libre fighting style, and Eileen, originally from China, uses a Monkey Kung Fu style which she learned from her grandfather.
- Stunning, Highly-Detailed 3-D Fighting Environments inspired by locales around the world where players can challenge their opponents in unique types of arenas.
- Offensive Move lets players to easily move around their opponent from the side and back allowing players to be more strategic with their battles.
- Customize your character with the enhanced attachment system and customization engine giving players more flexibility than ever before when creating their characters.
- Next Gen Presentation includes 720p HD resolution (widescreen) and 5.1-channel Dolby Digital surround.
Virtua Fighter 5 for the X360 features an online versus mode at launch and is currently available in stores.
More articles about Virtua Fighter 5