The renowned Silent Hill survival horror series makes its handheld gaming debut with a brand new adventure that reveals many of the series' most hallowed secrets. Assuming the role of a lone truck driver trapped in Silent Hill while making a routine delivery, players must escape the city's horrific inhabitants and confront the strange hallucinations that have haunted him since childhood. Taking full advantage of the PSP system's graphics, sound, and portability, Silent Hill Origins sets a new standard in handheld gaming terror.
"Console gamers can now expect the same chilling, suspenseful and fear-filled experience that handheld gamers encountered when we released Silent Hill Origins on the PSP system," said Anthony Crouts, Vice President of Marketing for Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. "This is their chance to learn more of the mystery and mythos surrounding Silent Hill that's been hinted at in earlier games and made the series such a success."
Players take on the role of Travis Grady, a lone truck driver making a routine delivery when he makes an unfortunate detour to the mysterious town of Silent Hill. Players must help Travis escape the city's horrific inhabitants and unravel the mystery of the strange hallucinations from Travis' past, visions that have plagued him since childhood.
Updated controls maximize combat, allowing Travis to use his fists, his wits and an array of weapons including a meat cleaver, pool cue and sledgehammer to fight his way through the nightmarish world of Silent Hill and face multiple endings based on his actions.
- First Silent Hill game for a handheld game platform
- Storyline set before the events of the first Silent Hill game
- Spooky new effects and visuals never before seen in a Silent Hill game
- New “Barricade System” allows players the ability to block off rooms from enemies
- Enhanced camera system specifically designed for handheld play
- Updated controls allow for more fluid combat and details exploration of the environment
- Brand new puzzles and mysteries to uncover as players attempt to escape Silent Hill as it falls into ruin
- All new monster types and storyline that reflect the troubled childhood of the main character
- Original soundtrack by famed series composer Akira Yamaoka
More articles about Silent Hill Origins