The updated version of Journeys of the Dragon Rider (version 1.1) includes the following improvements:
- Easy to use controls, which are available when using Easy and Normal difficulty levels.
- The ability to choose between four difficulty levels.
- Helpful instructions in the game including clear mission objectives.
- Easy to use application launcher.
- An alternative sound configuration that may improve sound quality on some systems.
- Many more small improvements.
Journeys of the Dragon Rider, a 3D action computer game by MistKeep Software, lets you take on the role of a dragon rider and experience high flying adventure as you defend your kingdom. Fly high above mountains, weave through valleys and go on many a journey as you battle enemy dragons and soldiers!
The levels consist of large landscapes and varied environments. There is also a variety of mission types, including large scale dragon battles, assisting your soldiers on the ground, escorting a princess, damaging castles and more.
Along with greatly improved graphics and other production qualities on the first game, you also now have full control over your dragon's movements, giving a much more realistic flight model. You can now perform maneuvers such as rolls, dives, loops, fast turns and more, which makes for extremely fast and fun dragon air battles. Enemy dragons roll and loop in all directions around you, and there are often many dragons assisting you too.
Advanced users can even try making their own levels, and packaging these up into a complete story to be shared. This requires modifying text files and may require third party commercial software for generating the landscapes, but even novice users can have fun making small changes to the existing levels and the story.
- Full control of your dragon's movements allowing you to roll, dive, loop, turn quickly and experience great maneuverability which makes for great dragon battles.
- Thirty varied levels
- Engaging storyline
- Ability to create custom levels
- Beautiful landscapes
- Dense forests
- Utilisation of advanced graphics techniques or scales back to older hardware
- Shaders such as normal mapping on the dragons and other techniques for the castles and water
- Smooth dragon animations
- Smooth frame rate
- Particle effects
- Physics on castle walls which can be damaged by catapults and dragons
- Enemy dragons loop and roll in battle
- Fun missions such as dragon battles, escorting a princess, defending your soldiers, flying through valleys and more
More articles about Journeys of the Dragon Rider