Pirates are plaguing the southern oceans, a group of mercenaries from around the world have gathered together to stamp out this menace to the shipping lanes.
The main character Eddie Jackson, whose wife has been kidnapped and held hostage by a group of terrorists known as Al Jihad. The US government won't bow to the terrorist demands, so his wife remains a hostage. She was a reporter for a major international newspaper, reporting on the pirates of the South Pacific when she was kidnapped. So the search for his wife begins by hunting down the pirates and joining the pirate hunters.
Whilst responding to the regular influx of SOS calls, the player will uncover terrorist story of a stolen nuclear submarine, following the main story line to find and save his wife and other hostages.
The game boasts a 25-mission main story mode, featuring levels such as ship-to-ship attacks, heavily-defended island pirate bases, helicopter strafing missions and frantic diver battles set amongst hauntingly-beautiful underwater environments. Other features include open-ended mission generation, a fully explorable island base, and a supporting squad of nine mercenary companions, each with his own story sequences and sub-plots.
- On-ship and ship-to-ship battles
- Modern and high tech weapons from around the world, based on real models
- Lush tropical setting and gorgeous water
- Hidden items, clues and weaponry throughout all levels to supply replayability
- Squad based missions with unique squad member skills and ability to gain experience
- Interesting subplots involving terrorists, hostages, arms dealers, traitors and pirates
Release Date: Q3 2008
More articles about Pirate Hunter