The Arctic Circle, Russian North Pole station ‘Pole 21’, 1968 - Alexander Nesterov is a meteorologist sent to investigate the final hours of the North Wind, an old nuclear ice-breaker trapped in an icy grave. This steel beast once fought for its country, but during a dangerous mission it drifted into an ice trap slowly freezing to death every living thing on board.
Alex must fight against the intense cold by finding any remaining heat sources as he investigates the final days of the North Wind and unlocks the mysteries within. However, Alex is no ordinary meteorologist as he possesses a unique ‘Mental Echo’ ability that allows him to relive the final memories of the dead and change their actions in the past, changing their future. Nothing can prepare Alex for the truth he uncovers as he digs deeper into the history of the ship.
Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason takes players on a terrifying trip into the unknown as they explore the dark, frozen, claustrophobic corridors and unlock the shocking secrets of the North Wind.
- The game develops with help of a unique system called Mental Echo - the ability to penetrate another character's memory and change the actions taken by the character in the past
- Highly detailed levels based on a real Russian ice-breaker
- More than 15 fearful enemies with unique capabilities
- 7 NPC’s which help to reveal the story
- 8 historically-authentic weapon types
- A physics and weather system with realistic ice, frost and snow
The game is being developed on the proprietary top of the edge AtmosFear 2.0 engine which is on a par with the most advanced world’s game technologies.
Technical engine features are:
- Unified Dynamic Shadowing system – fully dynamic, moving light sources casting soft shadows on all objects
- Parallax mapping/displacement, alpha and color projective, depth of field, gloss map, tone mapping
- Advanced characters’ and objects’ physics
- Realistic fur dynamically illuminated by light sources
More articles about Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason