One of the features of Avencast are your fame points. It is a score evaluating your battle skills. Try to avoid being hit and use your spells with maximum effect to gain lots of points. If you beat the game, your hero will appear in the game's Hall of Fame where you can compare your scores to those of other characters. If you have your Fame Points Display activated while playing, you can permanently observe your current competence in gaining fame points. Creative Technology, ClockStone Software and Lighthouse Interactive are now looking for the most famous adept among all Avencast demo players!
How to participate:
- Download the latest demo
- Download the competition tool and just save it somewhere on your computer.
- Finish the demo so your hero can be found in the “Hall of Fame”.
- Start the competition tool to send your hero stats and contact details to us.
You could win:
- 1st Prize – 1 qty. Sound Blaster XtremeGamer sound card
- 2nd Prize – 1 qty. Sound Blaster XtremeGamer sound card
- 3rd Prize – 1 qty. Sound Blaster XtremeGamer sound card
- 4th Prize – 1 qty. Sound Blaster XtremeGamer sound card
Plus... 5 winners by random draw, each receiving a deck of Avencast branded cards
TOTAL WINNERS = 9
The 1st and 2nd prizes will be awarded to the top 2 players with the highest "fame scores." The 3rd and 4th prizes will be awarded by random draw among the Top 20 best players. The 5 winners of the Avencast decks of playing cards will be allocated by random draw among the Top 100 players.
- Competition begins Tuesday, January 22, 2008 and ends on Tuesday, February 5, 2008.
- The winners will be notified by email within 3 days after the end of the competition. If a winner does not respond to the email within 5 days, the prize will be awarded to the next best player.
- Only one hero allowed per PC. If you send in more heroes only the best score counts.
- Only valid email addresses and names allowed.
- Cheating of any kind will automatically be detected and will lead to immediate disqualification.
- Members and affiliates of Creative Technology Ltd., ClockStone Software GmbH and/or Lighthouse Interactive Game Publishing B.V. are prohibited to participate.
- Contest Dates: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 to Tuesday, February 5, 2008 (inclusive)
- Winners Notified via Email: Friday, February 8, 2008 (3 days after contest closes)
- Winners Deadline for Replying: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 (5 days after notification email sent)
- Winners Posted to Avencast Website: Thursday, February 14, 2008
- Ship Date for Prizes: Monday, February 18, 2008
Tips for Scoring High Fame Points:
- Avoid getting hit by monsters
- Use your attacks wisely (e.g. don’t spoil mana)
- Time does not matter!
- Have the fame score displayed at all times to observe your progress (can be set in the options/graphics menu). The arrow indicates how well you are doing - the arrow will point upward if you are doing well.
Avencast is not only about combat. There are strong adventure elements involving numerous perilous quests, scouring vast environments for powerful items, solving riddles, and engaging with various NPC's to advance the compelling story.
The player begins their journey as an adept attending the renowned magic academy – Avencast – a place of learning in a world of wizardry, wonder and untold mystery.
As an apprentice, the player is expected to complete a number of diverse quests to hone their skills in potions, spell casting, weaponry, and melee combat. As the story unravels, your character's purpose becomes clear –things at the academy are not as they appear and when Avencast is descended upon by demonic hordes the very survival of his world is at stake. Armed with over 60 different combat moves and spells, and over one hundred different equipment items plus variations, the player must fight various nightmarish creatures and transcend dimensions into the past. The intriguing plot thickens revealing treachery, deceit, the tragic destiny of a forgotten people, and an astonishing truth that will forever change the battle scarred Wizard.
Avencast: Rise of the Mage is a game accessible to both novice RPG players while still challenging core RPG and Action fans with a great variety of skills and strategies.
- Many hours of exciting gameplay set in diverse worlds
- Over 30 Fantasy Based Monsters with Advanced A.I.– Each with their own combat strategies, attacks, and defensive moves, their reactions are dependant upon the player's behavior, attack strategy, and even health
- Strong Player Personification – In third person view, the character's appearance changes as they acquire new equipment, armor, and weapons
- State-of-the-art 3D Engine not only allows for a fluid combat system but also generates special lighting and shadowing effects for a fully engaging experience. Players are immersed into ominous settings like dark dungeons with looming pillars and large corridors; creatures are more imposing with their highly detailed silhouettes
- Learn Special Moves from Different Skill Trees – Blood Magic (elementally charged blows with varying speeds, ranges, and damage properties) and Soul Magic (covers all kinds of ranged magic spells allowing better area control) – both allow players to summon reinforcements during combat
- An RPG by mechanics, but also a game that can be enjoyed by a broad range of players – RPG, Action, and Adventure
More articles about Avencast: Rise of the Mage