SunAge takes place in a futuristic setting across 2 different worlds, ranging from a lush alien planet to an earth reduced to desolate wastelands and industrial cities. In the distant future, earth is dying and mankind retreats into sealed cities. Then a new cult called RaakZun arises, spreading chaos. Our hero battles to protect his Federation and aims to strike at the heart of the Raak Zun’s creed. This opens a gateway to an alien planet and frees up the way for lethal Sentinel drones, who will crush any life-forms that get in their way.
Erik Schreuder, CEO of Lighthouse Interactive said, “We are proud to bring SunAge to RTS fans across North America. This version includes upgrades and enhancements that were not included in the European releases. SunAge brings a mature and refreshing new take on the RTS genre and introduces some great new features that will appeal to many strategy fans. We’re thrilled to see that SunAge lives up to its promise.”
“SunAge has been a labor of love. The forums have been very active with a lot of positive feedback from fans in the UK, Scandinavia, Benelux and Italy, who have been playing the game since its European release in November 2007. We’re excited to finally bring SunAge to fellow RTS fans in Canada and the US,” said Roman Pfneudl, CEO of Vertex4. “The game has become so much more than I anticipated and we think SunAge has a lot to offer gamers who love to play real-time strategy games as much as we do. We look forward to hearing their feedback and will continue to support the game.”
SunAge is the modern day answer for RTS fans who want the best possible overview on their troops, while trying to outsmart opponents in frantic battles where strategy and tactics are more important than ever. If you are a core real-time strategy gamer, SunAge is for you!
Earth is a desolate wasteland destroyed by the radiation and heat of the sun. Humankind, known as the Dome Confederacy, have been forced to retreat into shielded cities enduring constant attacks by the Raak-zun cult; a sect of religious outcasts who live outside the dome. An age long war has ensued as both races battle for the limited resources of the dying planet. Amidst the havoc, the gateway to a bold new planet is unlocked. Hope is on the horizon, but this Mecca is teeming with lethal Sentinel drones who will not hesitate to annihilate any life form that gets in their way.
- 3 distinct races - Human, Raak-zun and Sentinel- each with their own units, buildings, technology advantages and disadvantages.
- Alternate modes for all units, dual functionality for greater tactical depth
- Exploit weaknesses in the enemies network while strengthening your own connection lines
- Formations: Intuitive formation handling and superior overview in battles
- Campaign: 24 map single player campaign with strong storyline
- Multiplayer: Old skool multiplayer with focus on gathering 4 kinds of resources and outsmarting the opponent in battle
- Command queuing: Command your units to prone, build or attack where you want them and when you want them to do so.
- Indirect Intelligent Targeting (IIT): order your units to focus on pre-selected targets.
Minimum system Requirements :
OS: Windows 2000 / XP / Vista
CPU: 1.2 GHz Intel Pentium III or equivalent AMD Athlon processor
RAM: 512 MB (1 GB recommended for Windows Vista)
Video Card: 128 MB 3D accelerated video card
PC CD-ROM: 4x (or PC DVD-ROM drive)
Sound: DirectSound compatible (Sound Blaster X-Fi series sound card recommended)
Available Hard Disk Space: 1 GB
DirectX: 9.0c compatible
Other: Mouse, Keyboard and Speakers
Multiplayer: LAN or 56K (or faster) Internet Connection
Currently available in Europe, SunAge will ship on North America Jan. 28, 2008.
More articles about SunAge