Pacific Storm: Allies is the latest title in the Pacific Storm series of WWII Pacific theater games which combine real-time strategy, resource management and exciting, in-your-face combat action. In Pacific Storm: Allies, players jump into the thick of battle, playing as the United States, Japan, and a new playable nation - the United Kingdom. Allied nations, including the Netherlands, Germany and Russia, offer a new level of diplomacy and resource management to the game. An updated graphics engine brings to life new aircraft, naval ships and landscapes, showcasing them in lush, vivid detail.
As with the original Pacific Storm, Allies offers something for everyone - armchair admirals can take command of massive fleets from a sweeping strategic perspective, while the action fan can jump into the cockpit to battle it out in the skies, or man deck guns to turn enemy ships into smoking hulks.
- Something for everyone - armchair admirals can take command of massive fleets from a sweeping strategic perspective, while the action fan can jump into the cockpit to battle it out in the skies, or man deck guns to turn enemy ships into smoking hulks.
- Engaging WWII action in the Pacific combat theater, viewable in both a strategic map and tactical battleground mode
- Classic RTS elements such as technology research, unit development and deployment combined with gripping white-knuckle player-controlled combat action
- Diplomacy - negotiate with other nations and trade technologies
- Motion and weapons for both Aircraft and naval ships can be directly controlled by the player, adding an exciting level of action to the game
- Huge variety of historically inspired units with focus on naval and air units, including bombers, fighters, battleships, aircraft carriers and other power hitters of the Japanese and U.S. Pacific fleets
- Multiplayer LAN gameplay supports both action and tactical play, while a new mode adds two player co-op historical mission play
- Beautifully rendered landscapes and bodies of water provide stunning backdrops for both in-flight and on-the-ground action
- Location-specific damage for all units in the action gameplay mode - damage affects how a unit moves, fights and defends itself
- A new modding engine so players can create/edit missions, units and even create new special effects
Pacific Storm: Allies is set for a North American retail release in late January 2008.
More articles about Pacific Storm: Allies