Microsoft is looking for innovative movie makers to construct their own original video of Master Chief, which sees him taken away from the Halo universe and remixed into different scenarios. Whether created using a traditional video camera, gaming footage, old school animation or the latest video editing software, the point is just to be creative.
To enter the competition participants simply have to visit the following site www.xbox.com/en-GB/halorecut and upload their video from 31st January until 21st March 2008. The entries will then be judged by a panel of experts from the gaming industry to find the most creative concepts. One winner from each country will win themselves an Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system and a copy of Halo 3. Terms and conditions apply, please visit www.xbox.com/en-GB/halorecut for details.
Each country’s winning video will then be put through to the European final which will be judged by the creators of the game, Bungie Studios. The overall European winner will win a trip to Los Angeles to study for one month at the New York Film Academy, where they will learn all they need to know about making movies. The prize includes return transatlantic flights, accommodation, car rental and $2,000 spending money.
Brian Jarrard, Bungie Studios added: “This competition is a great way to showcase the creativity and passion that drives the Halo fan community. We can’t wait to see how people infuse their own style and personality into Master Chief and deliver a whole new take on the Halo phenomenon. May the best Spartan win!”
Check here for more information about the project.
- The competition goes live from 25th January, 2008 and finishes on 21st March 2008
- Entrants must be 18 years or older
- Overall European winners will need to obtain a student visa from the American embassy to take part in the moviemaking course
- All applicants must read the Terms and Conditions of the competition
- Video can’t be bigger than 10MB. Need to be sent as a .wmv, .mpeg or .avi.
- Video should last a maximum of 3 minutes