Key Upgrades and Features included in Update 1.02:
- Inventory Management – Several inventory related issues have been corrected
- Graphics Improvements – The game now uses the default refresh rate of the player’s monitor and the anti-aliasing option now supports “2X” and “4X” instead of “On” and “Off”
- Document Underlining – Improvements have been made to the interface and game mechanics
- Sound Issues – Audio issues have been fixed
- Alternative Clues and Solutions to Puzzles – There is now more than one way to garner clues to some puzzles (i.e. Clark’s birthday) and alternative ways to solve a puzzle (i.e. photo puzzle)
- Interface Improvements – Upgrades in functionality have been made, especially to the DES feature in the Inventory Menu
- Windows Vista - A Windows Vista only problem has been fixed where the 'File Virtualization' feature causes the game to use the wrong game files. This eventually results in strange behavior or crashes in the game.
As police detective Howard E. Loreid, players are tasked to solve the murder of Clark Field, a wealthy man involved in the occult. At the top of your list of suspects is Loath Nolder, a highly respected private investigator who mysteriously abandoned his last case for reasons unknown. Rumor had it that he ventured to several exotic places around the world. It remains a great mystery as to why Loath Nolder disappeared so suddenly, resurfacing five years later and resuming his investigations just as abruptly as he had left them. Why does this venerated P.I. now sit on the other side of the law?
This seemingly routine investigation takes a dramatic twist as strange and terrifying happenings begin to plague your psyche. You experience lucid horrifying dreams and are tormented by paranormal happenings. Why do days pass instead of hours when you sleep? What's real and what's not? As you pursue fugitive murder suspect Loath Nolder, you must face dire truths hidden deep within a haunting darkness and the recesses of your mind.
- Built-in Hint System with 3 Difficulty Levels: Players can choose to play in Standard, Detective, or Senior Detective modes.
- Unique Inventory System: Utilizing the ?thinking screen? allows players to collect and examine items, and thoughts. Clues can also be researched, combined or used.
- Dynamic Puzzles and Features: Traditional adventure game puzzles are complimented by deciphering dreams and underlining excerpts in documents to garner critical clues.
- Enhanced Gameplay Experience: The proprietary game engine enables compelling special effects and stunning visuals in a panoramic first person game environment.
- Eerie Gameplay Atmosphere: An immersive experience is created by a fascinating story, chilling real-time cut scenes, and haunting music.
More articles about Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder