Crysis v1.2 Patch Details :
- Fixed potential server exploit that could cause servers to crash.
- Added mouse wheel scrolling support for server browser.
- Fixed an issue where in unarmed mode, the character's arms will suddenly reappear and disappear when picking up and dropping an object.
- Added new effects for vehicle shattering after being frozen.
- C4 will now stick to doors correctly.
- Added new grenade indicator icon.
- Adjusted explosion radius of grenade launcher to be more efficient vs. players.
- Added check for players riding on vehicles while not seated to prevent them being killed.
- Tweaked damage for players hit by vehicles at lower speeds.
- Adjusted wall collision damage for civilian car.
- Improved AI machinegun handling (both stationary and mounted machineguns on vehicles).
- Fixed an issue with "Escort Prophet out of sphere" objective failure causing reloading issues.
- Added team colors to kill/death messages (explained in detail further above).
- Fixed some game states not properly resetting after game restart.
- Fixed issue where VOIP doesn't work properly on non-dedicated servers.
- Added auto team balance. Players will now be moved from full teams to the opposing side when dead if the numbers are unbalanced.
Earth, 2019: A colossal asteroid crashes down to Earth.
The North Korean Government quickly seals off the island chain, claiming the mysteries of the asteroid for themselves. The United States responds by dispatching an elite team of Delta Force Operators to recon the situation and report back to the Pentagon. Amid rising tensions between the US and North Koreans, the asteroid suddenly bursts open, revealing a massive, 2km high alien ship. The ship generates an immense force sphere, freezing a vast portion of the island and drastically altering the global weather system. The invasion of Earth has begun.
The two rival nations unite to stop the aliens and save mankind. The newly formed alliance fights epic battles against the marauding Aliens. With hope rapidly fading, the player must lead a crack squad through lush tropical jungle, harsh frozen landscapes, and finally into the heart of the alien ship itself for the ultimate Zero G encounter with the aliens.
Crysis offers players a highly immersive FPS experience in which they will have to adapt their tactics, weaponry, armor and gameplay style to survive and defeat the alien invasion.
Offering true, open-ended gameplay, Crysis gives gamers an unparalleled amount of freedom that fosters completely unique gaming experiences. Players are outfitted with a revolutionary Nanosuit and an arsenal of fully customizable weapons, giving them a wide array of options not only in approaching the entire game, but every single objective or individual encounter. And they will need every advantage they can get going head to head against a menacing and highly intelligent alien threat amid dynamic, hostile battlefields that range from lush, tropical jungles, flash-frozen landscapes and a horrifying zero gravity environment.
- An immersive story that puts you the player in the pivotal role to repel an alien invasion and save mankind.
- A unique three-act structure that forces the player to use real-time armor and weapons customization to adapt to an ever changing dynamic world.
- Encounter a compelling, frightening and totally original alien species that uses its senses intelligently and work in combination with each other to present players with the most challenging opponents yet in an FPS.
- Enemy and ally AI utilise real-world military tactics.
- Take control of a wide variety of land, sea and air vehicles including trucks, tanks, boats and helicopters.
- Explore a living, dynamic world where earthquakes, breaking ice, landslides, and tornados pose a real and an ever-present danger.
- 32-player Multiplayer with real-time armour and weapons customization and an all new mode that combines player modification and tactical objectives.
- Emergent gameplay; actions taken in the game affect future outcomes giving each player a unique experience.
- Highly robust and easy to use mod toolset allow players to create their own expansive levels with game modes for both multiplayer and single player.
- The most realistic environments, spectacular special effects, physics game engine, lighting system and enemy AI through CryENGINE 2.
Crysis, not yet been rated by the ESRB or PEGI, is currently scheduled for November 16, 2007.
More articles about Crysis