Set twenty-five years in the future, Hellgate: London introduces a world devastated by a demon invasion and a desolate city scorched by hellfire where mankind has gone underground to survive. Among them are the Templar, an archaic and secret society that foresaw this demonic apocalypse centuries ago. Followers of arcane rites, the Templar combine futuristic technology with ancient artifacts to forge powerful weapons and armor. The mystic sanctuary of the Underground system provides players safe conduct throughout the sprawling metropolis of London as they seek to preserve the bloodline of man and gain a foothold against the minions of darkness.
Hellgate: London combines the depth of role-playing games and action of first-person titles, while offering infinite playability with randomly created levels, items, and events. The player creates a heroic character, completes quests, and battles through innumerable hordes of demons to advance through experience levels and branching skill paths. A robust, flexible skill and spell system, highly customizable appearances, and a massive variety of randomly generated equipment allow players to create their own unique hero.
- Combining the depth and customizability of Role-Playing Games with the immersive experience of a first-person perspective, gameplay is fast-paced without requiring lightning-fast FPS reflexes, making it accessible to a broad audience of RPG fans.
- Experience the ominous setting of post-apocalyptic London. From ancient ruins buried beneath city streets to shattered cathedrals to the last remnants of humanity bunkered in the Underground, the boundary between fact and myth are blurred as a few glorious heroes fight for their very souls.
- Fight against the demons of the underworld as one of several unique character classes. Like the Templar, each class has a unique visual and game play style based on their particular history and heritage. Randomly generated and modifiable items ensure that heroes are distinct and individualized.
- Battle against a wide variety of demonic enemies, each with their own unique attributes, abilities, and vulnerabilities.
- With dynamically- generated levels, massive quantities of randomly- created items, chance events and story- driven quests, no two gaming experiences are ever the same.
- While Hellgate: London stands on its own as a single-player game, it also provides a compelling cooperative multiplayer experience through a dedicated online gaming destination. By creating unique and individualized game play “instances” within a vast online community, gamers get all the best parts of traditional massive multiplayer games without the common downsides.
For all players, Hellgate: London comes completely free-to-play out of the box and will offer a secure online experience with features including the ability to play cooperatively with thousands of other players, trade items, join guilds and enjoy a host of gameplay and community features including voice chat and buddy lists.
For players with Subscription accounts (€9.99 / £6.99 per month), Flagship Studios will deliver exciting new ongoing content including new character classes, areas, monsters, items and raid content, new game modes (including Hardcore, Role-Play and PvP mode), and additional character and stash slots. Subscribers can found guilds, select to nominate an officer and will have access to guild and player housing. Other features include in-game email for items, web access to characters and a place in future beta lotteries.
Hellgate: London is currently available worldwide.