In the DS version, gamers find themselves in a land plagued by a legion of undead, monstrous soldiers. Commanded by the Demon God, the Evil Menace is determined on bringing Westoria Kingdom to its final days. The story takes place centuries after the events of the PSP version, as a legend foretells of a hero who will rise to face the threat. Gamers must rediscover the lost Ancient Fighting Arts of Westoria in order to restore peace to a once sprawling and vibrant kingdom.
With more than 60 different fighting arts across 8 lost Ancient Fighting Art schools, players can become a skilled warrior to successfully wage battle against dangerous enemies such as the Demon God's undead soldiers, mutated monsters, and an army of ancient automatons. To assist in battle, the game offers hundreds of weapons, armor and equipment; all can be upgraded along the way. Players can also choose from three hero races and three character classes to form a unique warrior for battle. For a group effort, 3 players can join forces to battle the Demon god's minions via Nintendo's Wireless Connection.
NDS Features :
- Choose your Fighting Style – Discover over 60 different fighting styles across 8 lost Ancient Fighting Art schools. Become a balanced warrior and study techniques from all 8 schools or become a specialist and dedicate your focus to one of the lost Fighting Arts.
- Epic Battles – Wage battles against legions of different creatures, including undead soldiers, mutated monsters, and even an army of ancient automatons brought to life by dark magic. Strategy in battle is the key to survival.
- Choose your Hero – 3 Races and 3 Classes to choose from, each with their own unique strengths and weaknesses.
- Epic Journey – Uncover the conspiracy to release the Demon God from his sealed prison
- Choose your Weapon – Choose from hundreds of different types of weapons, armor, and equipment and upgrade them as you progress through your adventure.
- Epic Multiplayer Adventure – Battle the Demon Lord’s minions alone or join forces with up to 2 other friends via the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.
In the game for the PSP system, players are trained in weaponry and mystical forces as Warriors of Ancient Arts. On a quest and ready to uncover the fate of a legendary kingdom, gamers will prepare to battle demonic forces and monstrous creatures. DE: WAA features hundreds of variations of weapons, armor and equipment that can be chosen and upgraded throughout the adventure to defeat enemies. Unique for the PSP system, players have the ability to choose their warfare style with more than 150 different kinds of fighting arts, including Big Bang Arts, allowing three players to team up to triple their destructive power in Ad-Hoc Multiplayer mode.
PSP Features :
- Choose your Fighting Style – Learn hundreds of different kinds of fighting arts including “Big Bang Arts” that allow you and 2 of your friends to team-up and triple your destructive power in Multiplayer Mode.
- Epic Battles – Wage battles against a legion of different classes of monstrous creatures, each with their own attributes. Strategy in battle and the right choice of weapons are keys to survival against boss creatures and their minions.
- Choose your Hero – Over 70 different Warrior Types that vary in race, gender and class.
- Epic Journey – Uncover the fate of the Three Kingdoms that were sealed ages ago.
- Choose your Weapon – Hundreds of variations of upgradeable weapons, armor, and equipment, enhancing them as you progress through your adventure.
- Epic Multiplayer Adventure – Battle the underworld forces alone or join forces with up to 2 other friends via Ad-Hoc mode.
"Bringing a classic franchise like Dungeon Explorer to the handheld gaming systems of today continues Hudson's pledge to deliver engaging new content to gamers, while tapping into the nostalgia of the popular series," said John Greiner, President and CEO of Hudson Entertainment. "Dungeon Explorer updates the much loved series with an all-new engaging story and introduces new RPG gameplay elements never before seen in a handheld game."
Dungeon Explorer: Warriors of Ancient Arts will be available February 2008.