- Fixed: Potential crash in D3D10
- Fixed: Orange boxes apearing when hispec savegame loaded into lowspec game.
- Fixed: Inconsistent damage dealt to vehicles when shot by LAW.
- Fixed: Reflection resolution on D3D10, MultiGPU reflection update fix
- Fixed: Memory leak with FSAA modes
- Fixed: Infinite ammo hacks.
- Fixed: Memory leak in D3D10 when switching screen modes
- Fixed: Muti optimizations
- Fixed: When player melees during gun raise animation, their gun will be in a permanantly raised position.
- Fixed: Crash when loading savegame with level exported recently by editor
- Fixed: Virtual keyboard does not function properly when a game pad is connected
- Fixed: Users can lose the ability to look around with the Right Stick
- Fixed: Setting screen resolution to "default" stops user from selecting last resolution
- Fixed: Bug when changing resolution in D3D10
- Fixed: Issues with Depth of field and water droplets in D3D10
- Fixed: Crash on NaN warning
- Added: Motion Blur UI and V.SYNC UI options
- Optimized: Motion blur
- Optimized: FSAA (Full Scene Anti-Aliasing)
- Optimized sound id implementation
- Enabled VSync functionality in D3D10
- New benchmarking files for ice CPU benchmark.
- http/xmlrpc password protected remote control session
- Marked debug cvars as cheat
- F12 (screenshot) now works in restricted mode as well
- Reduced LAW splash damage vs. infantry in PowerStruggle mode
- Slowed Rocket projectile speed down in MP slightly
- Disabled automatic turret bounding boxes on vehicles to prevent issues with LAW hit detection
- Reduced grenade explosion radius in multiplayer
- Clamped water tesselation to avoid cheating in MP
- MultiGPU improvements with depth map updates
Earth, 2019: A colossal asteroid crashes down to Earth.
The North Korean Government quickly seals off the island chain, claiming the mysteries of the asteroid for themselves. The United States responds by dispatching an elite team of Delta Force Operators to recon the situation and report back to the Pentagon. Amid rising tensions between the US and North Koreans, the asteroid suddenly bursts open, revealing a massive, 2km high alien ship. The ship generates an immense force sphere, freezing a vast portion of the island and drastically altering the global weather system. The invasion of Earth has begun.
The two rival nations unite to stop the aliens and save mankind. The newly formed alliance fights epic battles against the marauding Aliens. With hope rapidly fading, the player must lead a crack squad through lush tropical jungle, harsh frozen landscapes, and finally into the heart of the alien ship itself for the ultimate Zero G encounter with the aliens.
Crysis offers players a highly immersive FPS experience in which they will have to adapt their tactics, weaponry, armor and gameplay style to survive and defeat the alien invasion.
Offering true, open-ended gameplay, Crysis gives gamers an unparalleled amount of freedom that fosters completely unique gaming experiences. Players are outfitted with a revolutionary Nanosuit and an arsenal of fully customizable weapons, giving them a wide array of options not only in approaching the entire game, but every single objective or individual encounter. And they will need every advantage they can get going head to head against a menacing and highly intelligent alien threat amid dynamic, hostile battlefields that range from lush, tropical jungles, flash-frozen landscapes and a horrifying zero gravity environment.
- An immersive story that puts you the player in the pivotal role to repel an alien invasion and save mankind.
- A unique three-act structure that forces the player to use real-time armor and weapons customization to adapt to an ever changing dynamic world.
- Encounter a compelling, frightening and totally original alien species that uses its senses intelligently and work in combination with each other to present players with the most challenging opponents yet in an FPS.
- Enemy and ally AI utilise real-world military tactics.
- Take control of a wide variety of land, sea and air vehicles including trucks, tanks, boats and helicopters.
- Explore a living, dynamic world where earthquakes, breaking ice, landslides, and tornados pose a real and an ever-present danger.
- 32-player Multiplayer with real-time armour and weapons customization and an all new mode that combines player modification and tactical objectives.
- Emergent gameplay; actions taken in the game affect future outcomes giving each player a unique experience.
- Highly robust and easy to use mod toolset allow players to create their own expansive levels with game modes for both multiplayer and single player.
- The most realistic environments, spectacular special effects, physics game engine, lighting system and enemy AI through CryENGINE 2.
Crysis, not yet been rated by the ESRB or PEGI, is currently scheduled for November 16, 2007.
More articles about Crysis