One of literature’s most beloved juvenile series, The Hardy Boys is the longest running book series of all-time, spanning more than 80 years. To date, The Hardy Boys series has sold more than 100 million copies and the new Undercover Brothers series launched in 2005 has already sold more than 1 million copies. Popularity remains strong for America’s first crime scene investigators as Tom Cruise and Ben Stiller are scheduled to star in a major motion picture in 2009, while a live action online interactive movie game, a line of posters, magnets and cards as well as a series of comic books and graphic novels are slated throughout 2008 and 2009.
In The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft, the vault of the Spencer Mansion is robbed, and the Bayport Police call on the Hardy Boys to help tie up some loose ends, but they soon find themselves in the middle of a major criminal investigation that takes them on an adventure all over Bayport, and even into New York City. But the pieces don’t add up, and Frank and Joe find themselves embroiled in a drama of sinister proportions. Is the recent theft linked to something from the past? Can Frank and Joe find and decipher the clues in time to prevent another crime from happening?
- Celebrity Voice Talent – Jesse McCartney and Cody Linley lend their voices and likenesses to Frank and Joe Hardy, respectively;
- Play as Two of History’s Most Famous Literary Detectives and interact with Fenton and Laura Hardy, the Hardy Boys’ friend Chet Morton and others;
- Experience the Hardy World on your PC – the literary world of the Hardy’s is brought to life! Check out the Hardy Home, Bayport Police Station and the various places most have only experienced through the pages of a book;
- Cell Phone Feature – use your cell phone to give pal Nancy Drew and other characters a call and get insight on the case;
- Search For Clues – super-sleuth your way to solving the small mysteries along the way as you help the Bayport Police catch the culprit;
- Mystery Solving Mini-Games – each mini-game solved throughout the investigation gives players valuable pieces of evidence to help solve the case;
- Choose Your Dialogue – choose from a variety of responses to make your Hardy Boy’s experience your own!
The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft, developed by XPEC Entertainment, is expected to be available Sept. 23, 2008 for $19.99.
More articles about The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft