As the spiritual successor to BioWare’s Baldur’s Gate, one of the most successful role-playing games in the industry, Dragon Age: Origins represents BioWare’s return to its roots, delivering a fusion of the best elements of existing fantasy works with stunning visuals, emotionally-driven narrative, heart-pounding combat, powerful magic abilities and credible digital actors. The spirit of classic RPGs comes of age, as Dragon Age: Origins features a dark and mature story and gameplay.
"Tales and legends, lies and idle fancies... have you no minds of your own?"
Morrigan does not deny being a Witch of the Wilds, just as her mother is, but laughs at those who fear the title. Once upon a time the Witches of the Wilds terrorized the forest folk, and were rumored to feast upon the flesh of mortal men in the guise of animals. Her mother claims the name of Flemeth, belonging to a terrifying legend that dates back a thousand years, and yet Morrigan would laugh at those who fear such tales as well. Her mother has taught her well and granted her the power to seek out her greatest desires, and for Morrigan that is all that matters.
She is an exotic beauty that has learned to hold the rest of mankind in contempt, having watched them from afar from her isolated forest home. She is powerful and twisted, and yet as much as she despises the foibles of men she also secretly wishes to know more of them. She yearns to explore beyond the confines of the Korcari Wilds, and when the darkspawn rise to threaten the world once more an opportunity presents itself at last...
Key Features :
- Epic Party-Based Combat – Dragon Age: Origins will introduce an innovative, scalable combat system, as players face large-scale battles and use their party’s special abilities to destroy hoardes of enemies and massive creatures.
- Powerful Magic – Raining down awesome destruction on enemies is even more compelling as players apply “spell combos,” a way of combining together different spells to create emergent unique effects.
- Deep Customization – Players will develop their characters and gain powerful special abilities (spells, talents and skills) and discover ever-increasing weapons of destruction.
- Your Story, Your Way – With its emotionally compelling story, players choose with whom they wish to forge alliances or crush under their mighty fist, redefining the world with the choices they make and how they wield their power.
- Origin Stories – Players will select and play a unique prelude that provides the lens through which the player sees the world and how the world sees the player. The player’s choice of Origin will determine who they are and where they begin the adventure, as they play through a customized story opening that profoundly impacts the course of every adventure.
Dragon Age: Origins is scheduled to ship for the PC in early 2009, followed by a Xbox 360/PS3 edition later in the year.
More articles about Dragon Age: Origins