More than just a visual and technological achievement, Far Cry 2 immerses players in an entirely new kind of gaming experience. Running on a tailor-made new gaming engine, Far Cry 2 features non-scripted enemy Artificial Intelligence, entirely destructible environments, dynamic fire and storm effects, and multiplayer gameplay, all in a completely open world 50km2 environment.
Players will find themselves immersed in a war-torn, African state, where they will be forced to make deals with corrupt warlords on both sides of the conflict in order to survive and move ever-closer to their primary objective, the Jackal.
Players must identify and exploit their enemies' weaknesses, neutralizing their superior numbers and firepower with surprise, subversion, cunning, and of course brute force.
"We're absolutely thrilled to collaborate with PlayStation on this ground-breaking endeavor and have Far Cry 2 be the first third-party video game to have an official space in PlayStation Home," said Tony Key, senior vice president of marketing and sales, Ubisoft, U.S. "Far Cry 2's open world setting offers players a level of immersion that very few video games can match, and bringing that robust and dynamic environment to PlayStation Home will allow players to further engage themselves in the game's gritty African setting in fun and interactive ways."
As Far Cry 2 pushes the envelope with the dynamic nature of its gameplay and environments, so will its official space in PlayStation Home. The Far Cry 2 space will continue to grow and evolve alongside PlayStation Home, with future additions of new interactive features and functions to create a living, growing platform for both the Far Cry and PlayStation communities. The recently launched Far Cry 2 space in PlayStation Home opens the doors for players to explore the interactive area containing a wealth of information about Far Cry 2's missions and non-playable characters, in addition to other strategic elements of the game. Among the available activities will be a multiplayer game of Mancala that will use bullets as game pieces, the opportunity to explore in-game environments including a bombed-out train station that has been turned into an ad hoc café, as well as the ability to launch the game directly from the PlayStation Home space.
- The Ubisoft Montreal dev team has tailor-made this new engine for Far Cry 2. It delivers the most realistic destructible environments, amazing special effects such as dynamic fire and storm effects, real-time day and night cycle, dynamic music system and non-scripted enemy A.I.
- Feel the heat of the most realistic fire ever seen in a video game! Use wind and propagation to surround and trap your enemies. Grab your Molotov cocktails or flamethrower and watch fire burn life out of all living beings. Discover and learn how to use this new amazing feature that brings a new dimension to the usual FPS gameplay.
- No more thinking about obstacles, everything is breakable and alterable, even in Multiplayer mode! The DUNIA engine's RealTree technology also delivers the most realistic nature deterioration system ever.
- Experience real freedom while roaming in more than 50km2 without any loading. Never a game has given you so much liberty! Discover Africa as if you were there thanks to amazing artistic research supported by next-gen technology to make it come to life!
- Discover war in its rawest form! Fight for two rival factions, choose your own path and make your way up to your primary target by any means necessary. Feel free to explore this gigantic world and discover everything it has to offer. Meet buddies and search for new weapons and vehicles!
- Next generation technology brings a brand new experience to Far Cry 2. Be surprised by medics dragging wounded soldiers into a safe place. Read fear in grunts' eyes as your reputation and in-game actions make them want to drop their guns and run for cover. Feel the tension of never knowing an enemies' reaction thanks to a non-scripted AI and remember, in Africa you are never really safe.
- Challenge your friends in Far Cry 2 but watch your back because you never know who your true friends are and who might betray you! All the single player technical features are present in multiplayer mode, what you destroy in SP, you destroy in MP. All the modes people love to play and much more!
Far Cry 2 System Requirements
- CPU: Pentium 4 3.2 GHz, Pentium D 2.66 GHz, AMD Athlon 64 3500+ or better
- Video card: NVIDIA 6800 or ATIX1650 or better; Shader Model 3 required; 256 MiByte video memory
- Memory: 1 GB
- Media reader: DVD-ROM
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo Family, AMD64 X2 5200+, AMD Phenom oder besser
- Video card: NVIDIA 8600 GTS or better, ATIX1900 or better; 512 Mb video memory
- Memory: 2 GB
- Sound: 5.1 sound card recommended
- Media reader: DVD-ROM
Supported Video cards: NVIDIA 6800, NVIDIA 7000 series, 8000 series, 9000 series, 200 series. 8800M and 8700M supported for laptops. ATI X1650 - 1950 series , HD2000 series , HD3000 series , HD4000 series
Far Cry 2 will be released on Oct. 21 in North America, while Europe gets it Oct. 24th, 2008.