Using your skills effectively is the key to survival in an online-roleplaying game like Runes of Magic. Therefore, the user interface of Frogster's upcoming MMORPG keeps all important information and functions directly at hand. Players can also tweak the interface freely to their personal needs. Adjustable hotkeys offer quick access to all skills of the character and can easily be equipped via drag & drop. Players are also able to activate as many action-bars as they want, allocate the desired number of hotkeys to them and move them freely on their screen. Smart online gamers can also assign keyboard shortcuts to their hotkeys, so that they can rapidly react in crucial situations.
Using these possibilities wisely, players can build their own combat set out of the entire pool of skills, in which the different actions for healing, melee and ranged combat, buffs, debuffs and special skills will find their place depending on the character class. Besides those crucial abilities, players can insert emotes to their action-bar to alleviate the communication with fellow adventurers. After all, challenging somebody to a PvP duel looks much cooler, if it is accompanied by the right gesture, and the winner of a grand fight has all the right to raise its fist into the air to celebrate victory.
On November 2nd Frogster is going to expand the current closed beta for Runes of Magic to 30.000 test players. After two large scale stress tests of the game servers on October 30th and November 1st, the free-to-play fantasy online-roleplaying game hence starts into the closed beta phase 3. The publisher will determine the participants for this new beta phase by random within the round about 100.000 registrations for Runes of Magic to date. Lucky players can also win their invitation for the beta in give away contests that will go online on the big gaming portals soon.
The open beta version of Runes of Magic will be launched in December of 2008 after current planning with the subtitle „Rise of the Demon Lord” as a first chapter.
With an extensive range of features Runes of Magic prepares to redefine the standard of free-to-play MMO games. Right from the launch Runes of Magic will convey its absorbing story in over 600 quests embedded in an atmospheric world. Players can choose from six main classes. Combined with a secondary class they dispose of 36 individual character classes over all. All characters possess unique skills with impressive combo attacks and can use mounts in the later stages of game play. A particularly attractive feature for guilds and players is the possibility to arrange their own virtual homes with individual furnishing. Thanks to an extensive crafting and reputation system, thrilling PVP as well as demanding dungeons and boss-monsters, no wishes remain unsatisfied. The Taiwanese developer Runewaker has developed Runes of Magic according to western MMO standards within a time frame of three years. The studio will provide new challenges for players every three to four months with free add-ons and updates.
- Free2play, no monthly fees, free download
- Dual class system with switchable primary and secondary classes
- Enthralling background story
- Already over 600 quests and level comprehensive quest series on launch
- Instanced and persistent dungeons
- Individually developed skills and spells
- Armor sets with special bonuses
- Dynamic item system: Upgrades with hundreds of runes
- Activatable PvP system (Player vs. Player duels)
- Epic crafting system with the possibility to improve existing items
- Individual coloring of clothes and armor
- Housing: personalization with individual furniture for players and guilds
- Special zones for guild houses
- Reputation system
- Scalable user interface based on the users flavor (development of own add-ons possible)
- In-game map and radar system to find dealers, resources and quests easily
- Auction house: auction and purchase items
- Teleporting possibilities per runes
- Different and unique mounts
- Controlling with mouse (point & click) and keyboard (WASD or arrow keys) possible
MMO fans can find a registration form for the newsletter on the official teaser site.
The German version will come to light even before Christmas 2008, shortly there after an English version will be released. The publisher intends to publish free add-ons of the game as new chapters within regular intervals of two to three months after the release.
Frogster Interactive Pictures AG strives to release both the European-English version and the American version at the same time. Concerning the US version Frogster currently looking for a qualified US-Publisher.
More articles about Runes of Magic