This week’s mammoth lineup features seven master recordings from legendary, alternative grunge band, Nirvana, including, “Breed,” “Lounge Act,” “On a Plain,” “Polly,” “Something in the Way,” “Stay Away,” and “Territorial Pissings.” These tracks join “In Bloom” from the original Rock Band soundtrack and “Drain You” featured on the Rock Band 2 soundtrack to make for a total of nine Nirvana songs available in the Rock Band music catalog.
- Tuesday, October 21, 2008 (Xbox Live Marketplace for Xbox 360)
- Thursday, October 23, 2008 (PlayStation Store)
- Nirvana Breed
- Nirvana Lounge Act
- Nirvana On a Plain
- Nirvana Polly
- Nirvana Something in the Way
- Nirvana Stay Away
- Nirvana Territorial Pissings
Price: $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track, or $10.99 (880 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for the Nirvana 7-pack
Rock Band delivers four music games in one – challenging rockers to master lead/bass guitar, drums and vocals or play collectively as a whole band. Built on unprecedented deals with top record labels and music publishers, the music featured in Rock Band spans all genres of rock and includes many master recordings from legendary artists.
Major record labels and leading music publishers have signed on to provide unrivaled access to master recordings and legendary rock artists with hits from the '70s, '80s, '90s and 2000s. Record labels partnering with MTV Games and Harmonix include EMI Music, Hollywood Records, Sony BMG Music Entertainment, Universal Music Group's Universal Music Enterprises and Warner Music Group's Rhino Entertainment. Music publishers partnering with MTV Games and Harmonix include EMI Music Publishing and Warner/Chappel Music.
A variety of song packs, albums and individual tracks will be available for download on a weekly basis. Fans can expect more music every week with suggested retail pricing varying from $.99 to $2.99 per track (The equivalent of 80 to 240 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360), with the vast majority selling for $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360).
In addition to the 58 songs available on the game disc, Harmonix and MTV Games are offering a robust calendar of new downloadable content including packs, full albums and individual tracks to satiate the desire for constantly refreshed Rock Band content, including:
- Unrivaled song library! Major record labels and leading music publishers have signed on to provide unrivaled access to master recordings and legendary rock artists – from punk, metal and alternative to classic and southern rock.
- Rock ‘n' Roll Never Dies! Full support for downloadable content delivers never-ending challenges.
- Play together in your living room or across the world! Rock Band™ offers deep online functionality, allowing players to rock together whether they're in Rhode Island or Reykjavik.
- Create your own rock avatar! Mold a unique rocker using Rock Band's character creator. Chose from gender, body shape, face, hair, clothes, tattoos and signature moves. Don't forget to pick your specialized rockin' instrument. Drumming in the spotlight! Showcase a real drum solo with Rock Band's freestyle drum fill windows featured in each song. Break out your own rhythm and style as anything goes!
- Call out the crowd! Vocalists can bring the crowd to their feet during Rock Band's freestyle vocal fill windows. Ad-lib your own words or shout to the crowd to raise the rock intensity of the performance.
- Save your mates! Band mates can fail out of a song for poor performance, but the band still plays on. Rescue your failing mate by busting out signature moves and blistering solos to wow the crowd with showmanship.
- Boost your bonus! Earn bonus points for your band during Rock Band's Unison Phrase opportunities if everyone plays perfectly. A single mistake blows the phrase for everyone.
Rockband, rated T for Teen, is currently available in North America for $169 on PS3/X360 and Wii, while PS2 gamers can rock out for $159.99. Rock Band is also slated for release in Europe in Q1 2008.
More articles about Rock Band