Complete list of changes:
- Bathtubs from The Sims 2 Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff can now be tinkered with.
- All badges now take the same amount of time to acquire as they did in The Sims 2 Open for Business.
- Lots now reset when an entire family moves in with another family
- Switching between a pet and a Sim during a magical fire no longer improperly disables the Rewards panel.
- All versions of Jewelry Rack from The Sims 2 Bon Voyage will now be available
- Sims can now ask neighbors they have good relationships with to watch their children when leaving the lot
- Cauldron now has ‘resume’ option for interrupted spells
- Witch’s hats no longer become the default hairstyle when a Sim witch ages.
- Sims may now invite their apartment neighbors to house and sports parties
- Teens in neighboring apartments will no longer briefly appear both in the car and in their room when asked to sneak out.
- Gameplay will no longer get stuck when a witch goes to the magic world while on a blind date
- Maids and Butlers will now make the Murphy Bed and Heart Bed if they are messy.
- Roommates can now gain hobby enthusiasm
- Toy Dog will no longer get stuck in ‘Play With’ animation
- Occupied apartment lots can now be moved in neighborhood view
- The nanny will no longer stop working if a toddler falls asleep in a pet bed
- Lots saved while the NPC witch is present will still have the witch when loaded again.
- Sims can no longer be let into neighboring apartments while Freeze Time is in effect.
- In Thai, spellbook now properly shows alignment.
- Sims who use Vivificus Zombiae no longer end up with wants and fears as if they had a relationship with themselves.
- Cars placed on unoccupied apartment lots now remain when a Sim moves in
- Apartment neighbors of pre-made families are now hidden properly.
- Downtown Community lots Similar Sights Sculpture Park and Lulu Lounge no longer are overlapped by buildings
- Maxing out physiology knowledge no longer makes gaining all other skills much easier.
- Typos in item descriptions fixed
- In Traditional Chinese, while selecting “Spell: Save from Death,” Sim’s name is now properly displayed.
- Apartment Mailboxes now behave properly when Sim attempts to retrieve a Love Letter
- Hand of Darkness Floor Lamp now takes less time to create.
- Correct thought bubbles now appear while Sim is reading a genre book without The Sims 2 FreeTime installed.
- Sims on hotel vacations with their roommate are no longer stranded after their vacation time expires.
- Toddlers and babies are no longer chosen as part of a group when going downtown.
- Wall decoration height adjustment hot keys now match game tips in all languages
- In Polish, build mode music track list is fixed
- Correct Sim names will now be displayed for all Networking Messages
- Conjured servants no longer count against the Sim per household limit
- College Rock now an available radio station without Sims 2 University and Sims 2 Pets installed.
- The lifetime aspiration pop-up window now appears correct in all languages.
- The heads of witches will now look correct after they drop out of college.
- Sims with Body Skills from 1 to 4 are now susceptible to death by Murphy Bed
- Sims will now continue to play the piano until told to stop
- Adult Sims can no longer ask young adults to be roommates.
- There is no longer an error when a Sim returns to their parent’s apartment after college.
- Computer in Apartment now behaves properly when Sim is awarded many scholarships
- The landlord will now continue gardening, even if a butler is present
- A nine Sim family can no longer be attained by having twins when there are already seven members
- Sims may now Marry/move-in with their landlords
- Moved in families’ apartments will no longer be hidden from view when the occupying family exits them
- Error will no longer occur when player locks in and strands a neighbor in their apartment
- Sims will now properly answer their cell phones and the phones won’t disappear from the inventory
- A former landlord that has moved in with a Sim can no longer collect rent
- Freeze Time spell no longer causes errors with Contained Pets
- Chastity Gere will no longer cause an error if married
- Dream Date Flowers/Card can now be placed anywhere on shelves
- Butler will no longer leave the lot with a baby
This expansion pack for The Sims 2 takes your Sims out of the suburbs and into a brand new busy apartment building! Adventure, fun, and drama await them as they explore their new neighborhood, mingle in coffee shops, visit a playground, meet new friends, and much more. Because there is now the ability to control multiple households in The Sims 2 Apartment Life, your Sims can live in happy harmony, or comical conflict.
New social networks and character types, including artsy bohemians, sports jocks, gadget-loving techies, and edgy gearheads spice up your Sims life. And, with a new reputation meter, your Sims can build up the respect they deserve from other Sims to be the most admired - or least-desired - Sim in the neighborhood. The better the reputation, the easier for your Sims to find the right friends to help them achieve their goals.
Make your Sims' space look great in The Sims 2 Apartment Life! Five new building types that range from converted lofts to roomy and posh studios or luxury apartments with their own butler add to the creative and customized adventure. Enjoy a myriad of new decor options, including spiral staircases and lofty, high ceilings. Your Sims will get a whole new kind of experience through the drama of close quarters living!
Hit groups such as Good Charlotte and hot newcomer Katy Perry add flavor to the adventure, fun and drama of close quarters of apartment living. International pop stars also sizzle on the soundtrack including Vanilla Sky from Italy, Ranetki Girls from Russia and Lola, a Hungarian pop star gaining fame and recognition across Europe as well as Artwerk artists Chromeo, Ladytron and Junkie XL. To top it all off, Australian singer and songwriter Gabriella Cilmi sings her hit debut title, “Sweet About Me.”
In The Sims 2 Apartment Life, excitement and surprise await your Sims as they move out of the suburbs and into a brand new busy apartment building! Set your Sims up in an artsy converted loft, swinging studio bachelor pad or posh penthouse with their own butler. Close quarters mean new opportunities or unexpected surprises. And now for the first time, there is the ability to control multiple households so that neighboring Sims can live in happy harmony, or comical conflict. Your Sims can advance their career with the right social network, cope with domestic drama when roommates clash or find true love just down the hall!
The Sims 2 Apartment Life is currently available worldwide.
More articles about The Sims 2: Apartment Life