The journalist Andrei Luzgin arrives in the town of Posolsk to find his missing friend. On arrival, he observed that something strange was happening in the city: people were disappearing without a trace. Corpses with terrible injuries were being found everywhere.
Luzgin is involved in a journalist investigation, during which he learns a lot about the terrible details that involve this city, where secret research and scientific experiments are being conducted. A few years after these experiments, Posolsk step-by-step becomes quiet and empty.
Luzgin noticed that he was followed by someone, and this is clearly not a human being.
In the arsenal of story – mystical occurrence, secret experiments and the special history of tense relations between people facing a few steps from death … or disclosure of incredible secrets.
Of course, to create an atmosphere of general fear and madness a special characters are required. And ubiquitous nightmare monsters – are not the most unpleasant inhabitants of the town forgotten by God. Some people are much more terrible the most ferocious monsters …
The police investigator, who agrees to cooperate with him, advises Andrei to terminate the investigation, but Luzgin refuses. Eventually he starts to keep an eye on Dima Smirnov, who once was linked to the disappearance. The suspect says that all the disappearances are accidents, and are the work of security services. It would seem that a crime has been solved, but not being able to bring his case to an end, Luzgin disappears.
After some time, FSB (an organization successor of the KGB) lieutenant colonel Vladimir Dolinsky arrives in Posolsk with a secret mission to investigate the incidents in the city. But he has his own motivation, his wife is infected with the rare disease, licantropia. To create a vaccine, the genetic material from the infected is needed. During his investigation he learns about the missing journalist from Moscow. The investigator, who worked with Luzgin, sends Dolinsky into the morgue. Observing the corpse, Dolinsky has doubts that this is Luzgin. The further the investigation progresses, the more incredible and horrifying are the facts that pop up…
- Game is created after the fictional novel “Night Watcher” by Oleg Divov;
- It is a Classic third person view Quest with fascinating puzzles in the best tradition of the classic horror quest, such as Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers, and The Black Mirror;
- There are two characters the gamer is switching between during the the game;
- The atmosphere of a small Russian town and its suburbs is carefully recreated;
- 3D-characters and backgrounds;
- Intriguing plot keeps player in constant tension until the very end;
- Scrupulously detailed locations;
- 45 gaming locations, including arcade inserts;
- Intuitive & user friendly controls;
- Realistic animation;
- 25 individual characters;
- Five puzzles integrated into the gaming process;
- 15 hours of game play
Night Watcher is currently scheduled for release in Q4 2008.