In the far future, humanity is ruled by The Ministry of Accounts, an oppressive bureaucracy that tracks, records and taxes every transaction of daily life. From the depths of Red Tape, a new breed of marketeer arises to challenge the authority and make a profit: the Space Trader is born!
As a Trader, you will attempt to amass a fortune beyond your wildest imagination, buying and selling commodities and taking up arms against the oppressors or even accepting bounty missions, hunting down crime bosses and their thugs.
"We're excited to be so close to releasing our game to such a wide audience," said Phillip Daigle, Producer at HermitWorks Entertainment. "There are so many new features we've added and the core game itself is so addictive and fun that Space Trader will be a huge success when it hits the street."
“Working with Hermitworks has been great. Creating the single-player campaign, improving the graphics and perfecting the multiplayer has added so much to the game.” said Jeff Giasson, Production Director of Meridian4, “Even though I’ve played the game, what seems like hundreds of times, I still find certain nuances about the game that keeps me coming back every time.”
- Trader Campaign: Start as a rookie trader and earn your way to Master Trader using shrewd trades, back alley deals, bribes, a well placed bullet and more through a challenging 5-level single-player campaign.
- Three Ways to Challenge: Master your trading skills in three unique challenge missions; Moon Madness, Free Trade and Red Eye Trader.
- From Iron Ore to Organs: Turn misfortune to profit. Buy low, sell high. Over 40 different commodities to supply the demand.
- Have Ship, Will Travel: Visit seven planetary locations, their moons and stops along the way and interact with over 100 characters.
- Conflict Builds Character: Using an assortment of unique weapons, bring dozens of crime bosses to justice and turn a tidy profit.
- Competitive Cooperative: Challenge your friends and family, not just your peers. Working together has never been so competitive!