Sunny skies, lush forest and rolling hills combine to form the land known as Ninjatown where adorable and honorable Ninjas populate this vibrant yet peaceful place. However, after the mysterious eruption of a nearby volcano, Ninjatown is attacked by hordes of sinister enemies lead by Mr. Demon, who, for reasons unknown, is bent on destruction. It is now time to use each of the Ninjas’ unique skills and powers – including the Mighty Wind of Ninja Dropping and Stealth Hugs - even the Ol’ Master Ninja comes out of retirement to fight off the evil and secure Ninjatown, one district at a time. The game is played from the top down, where the player uses the stylus to strategically place Ninjas to defend each area. The action is non-stop!
The demo of Ninjatown includes the first six maps from the game. Players can get a glimpse at the level of depth and strategy in the game as they fight against the Wee Devils with just a sampling of the Ninjas and special abilities. In the full retail version of the game, there will be a total of thirty-six maps, and over a dozen abilities and tokens to unleash on Mr. Demon and the evil masses.
For those who don’t know, the process to download the Ninjatown demo is simple: First make sure you are opted in on your Wii to send data to Nintendo, then select the demo from the Ninjatown info page on Nintendo Channel, and the Wii will instruct you to turn on your DS and select “Download Play” from the system menu.
- Based on the popular Shawnimals designer toys and plush – this is the first game to bridge the designer toy and videogame worlds
- The game is played from the top down, with the player using the stylus to place buildings and issue commands to ninjas on the battlefield
- Non-stop gameplay that combines town “build” and “defend” modes to keep the action flowing
- Each Ninja has specific powers and weapons that make them well suited to fight off certain enemies
- Ol’ Master Ninja comes down from above to bust out special moves like “Get off My Lawn” which uses the Microphone to “blow” enemies around the map
- Each building is upgradeable to keep your fighting Ninjas one step ahead of the forces of evil
- Build support buildings to bolster your Ninja skills and help them fight off the enemy
- Totally unique art style and gameplay bring a fresh look and feel to the DS
- The creator of Shawnimals and Ninjatown, Shawn Smith, is a former editor at Electronic Gaming Monthly magazine.
Ninjatown is scheduled for release in October 28, 2008.
More articles about Ninjatown