Complete list of v184.108.40.206 changes:
- Neighborhood decoration alleys no longer get inappropriately covered in snow.
- The Sleek and Secure fence model now appears complete in all states
- The Elegant Rails railing no longer clips through the post when placed diagonally.
- The Butler no longer calls the fire department if there is a fire outside during a thunder storm.
- A friend that was brought home from work after certain hobby chance cards will only be brought home once instead of every day.
- Being friends with the iconic hobbyist corresponding to the Show Biz, Athletic, Natural Science or Gaming career now reduces the friend requirement for promotions by two instead of one.
- Elders no longer receive Lifetime Wants to reach the top of any career.
- Social Groups now generate significantly less NPCs
- “Super Savory” Snack Machine by Chewie-Louie Factory and “Kooler Than Ice” Soda Machine by Freezer Time Industries both now have the ‘Show item’ interaction to customers when they are marked for sale with The Sims 2 Open for Business installed.
- Bills will now autonomously be brought into Sim’s apartments.
- Cats can now scratch Serenity by Kai Dai and Globulous Wonder by Anne Nuit sculptures.
- Cats and dogs can now chew and scratch Industrious Divinity Dining Chair, Heavy Metal Chair by You Got Muscle and Eloquent Divinity Dining Chairs.
- Pets can no longer destroy the following objects that are out of their reach: Vim's Ventilation Small Wall Vent, Vim's Ventilation Large Wall Vent, Transversal by Joi Structure, and Vim’s Ventilation Wall Section with Elbow.
- Error no longer occurs when a Plant Sim attempts to clean Olde Tyme Toilette and Little Footprint Toilet by Sleek Sensations.
- Sims will now finish eating gyros.
- SuperTower, Hey Hey It’s the Monkey Bars and SlidenFraude (from Go Play!) can now be repossessed by the Repo man.
- Single servings of salmon no longer display flashing blue textures.
- Witches no longer have the option to use ‘Materialize’ spell in other vacant or occupied hotel rooms.
- The option to ‘greet’ an invited Sim is now available before they ring the doorbell.
- Rugs on foundations now disappear correctly when burnt
- ‘Try for Baby’ interaction is no longer available on walk-in closets when the household has reached the family member limit.
- Neighbors are no longer cloned when resurrected while their old apartment is still vacant.
- Neighborhood Nanny will no longer be considered a nanny if he/she joins the Sims’ family.
- The fire fighter no longer automatically arrives if there is a fire outside during a thunder storm
- Pregnant Sims will now leave a neighbor’s apartment before having a baby.
- Genie lamp can now be picked up in Buy Mode on apartments.
- Closet ‘Woohoo’ animation will now fail properly if one partner is occupied with another activity such as reading a book
- Child Sims’ interactions are now available after joining another Sim on playground equipment.
- ‘Study topics’ no longer autonomously cancels unless Sims’ hunger or bladder motives are low.
- Dynasty Dresser 2 now has design modes available with The Sims 2 Apartment Life installed.
- “You Got Feets Bathtub” value is now consistent with other tubs in its class.
- ‘Write Restaurant Guide’ option is now available on computers in apartment lots.
- Neighborhood Decoration Building (Tall Circular version) thumbnail now matches the building being placed.
- Various objects from previous Expansion and Stuff packs can now be placed on shelves with the Sims 2 Apartment Life installed:
- ‘Dream Date’ reward objects can now be picked up in Buy mode on Apartment lots.
- Error no longer occurs when a Sim tries to ‘Get Mail’ on an apartment mailbox with a Date Coupon inside.
- Reward objects can now be picked up in Buy mode on Apartment lots.
- Stepping stool is now visible when a child Sim ‘Stargazes’ through a telescope.
- The Butler will now remain in the apartment with a toddler until his/her parents return home.
- Endless Winding Staircase no longer blocks other spiral stairs from being built directly above the first one placed.
- Elder Sims now have the option to ‘watch’ TV while lounging in a couch.
- Cooking skill no longer goes down once a family is moved onto the same apartment lot as another Sim.
This expansion pack for The Sims 2 takes your Sims out of the suburbs and into a brand new busy apartment building! Adventure, fun, and drama await them as they explore their new neighborhood, mingle in coffee shops, visit a playground, meet new friends, and much more. Because there is now the ability to control multiple households in The Sims 2 Apartment Life, your Sims can live in happy harmony, or comical conflict.
New social networks and character types, including artsy bohemians, sports jocks, gadget-loving techies, and edgy gearheads spice up your Sims life. And, with a new reputation meter, your Sims can build up the respect they deserve from other Sims to be the most admired - or least-desired - Sim in the neighborhood. The better the reputation, the easier for your Sims to find the right friends to help them achieve their goals.
Make your Sims' space look great in The Sims 2 Apartment Life! Five new building types that range from converted lofts to roomy and posh studios or luxury apartments with their own butler add to the creative and customized adventure. Enjoy a myriad of new decor options, including spiral staircases and lofty, high ceilings. Your Sims will get a whole new kind of experience through the drama of close quarters living!
Hit groups such as Good Charlotte and hot newcomer Katy Perry add flavor to the adventure, fun and drama of close quarters of apartment living. International pop stars also sizzle on the soundtrack including Vanilla Sky from Italy, Ranetki Girls from Russia and Lola, a Hungarian pop star gaining fame and recognition across Europe as well as Artwerk artists Chromeo, Ladytron and Junkie XL. To top it all off, Australian singer and songwriter Gabriella Cilmi sings her hit debut title, “Sweet About Me.”
In The Sims 2 Apartment Life, excitement and surprise await your Sims as they move out of the suburbs and into a brand new busy apartment building! Set your Sims up in an artsy converted loft, swinging studio bachelor pad or posh penthouse with their own butler. Close quarters mean new opportunities or unexpected surprises. And now for the first time, there is the ability to control multiple households so that neighboring Sims can live in happy harmony, or comical conflict. Your Sims can advance their career with the right social network, cope with domestic drama when roommates clash or find true love just down the hall!
The Sims 2 Apartment Life is currently available worldwide.
More articles about The Sims 2: Apartment Life