Black Box will be partnering with leading global action sports footwear and apparel brand, etnies, to bring their epic Goofy vs. Regular (GvR) skateboarding contest to the videogame world. Gamers will lead a team of goofy foot or regular foot pros as they pit the best skateboarders against each other in the ultimate team competition.
Skate 2 picks up five years after the original Skate, a period marred by an unspeakable disaster that left San Vanelona in ruins. Within that time, Mongocorp rebuilt the city but their zealous protection of private property has put a damper on the once thriving skate population. Equipped with double the bag of tricks, gamers are tasked to rebuild their career and revive the New San Vanelona skate scene. With their ability to get off-board to move objects around and with help from a crew of locals, players will embark on a mission to take back the city, one spot at a time. Along the way, they’ll need to get coverage, earn sponsorships, own challenges and enter contests, including a coveted invite to etnies GvR competition.
These two skateboarding games bring the sport’s incredible tricks, epic moves and high energy to gamers with all of the fun – and none of the bruises! The 52 featured songs are from some of music's most influential and celebrated artists including Black Sabbath, Public Enemy, Judas Priest and Wu-Tang Clan.
“The soundtracks for Skate It and Skate 2 builds upon last year’s critically acclaimed Skate soundtrack,” said Chris Parry, Associate Producer. “The songs reflect the culture of skateboarding, with some tracks picked by the pros themselves, and others coming straight out of iconic skate videos. Skateboarding today is an eclectic mix of people and influences and this is true of where we took this year’s soundtracks. Look for some old school soul and funk, a few rock anthems, some good beats and a lot of classic punk!”
“Skateboarding culture is like no other culture in the world and with that comes a unique sound of its own," said Steve Schnur, worldwide executive of music and marketing. “Our goal was to create two soundtracks that bring together classic acts and explosive new bands while fearlessly crossing all genres. This soundtrack is truly a tribute to the skate lifestyle, where legendary tracks by The Clash, Judas Priest and WAR can stand alongside cult legends like Dayton Sidewinders and The Specials as well as groundbreaking new acts like Awesome Snakes and Money Your Love.”
Skate It and Skate 2 continue to deepen and expand the breadth of the Skate franchise. Skate It brings the fun and soul of skateboarding to the Wii and the NDS. Skate 2 lets players flaunt their style like never before with double the bag of tricks on the PS3 and the Xbox 360.
See below for the entire Skate 2 soundtrack. Songs included in Skate It are marked with a '1'.
- Althea & Donna - Uptown Top Ranking
- Anubis - Anubis
- ASG - The Dull Blade
- Awesome Snakes - I Want A Snake (1)
- Black Sabbath - Symptom Of The Universe
- Black Tide - Shockwave
- China Creeps - Stay On Or Die
- Cut Chemist - Addictive (1)
- D.R.I. - Beneath The Wheel
- Dayton Sidewinders - Go Ahead On (1)
- Dragonforce - Heroes Of Our Time
- ELO - Show Down
- Fujiya & Miyagi - Collarbone (1)
- Gang Starr - Step In The Arena (1)
- Gaslight Anthem - I'da Called You Woody, Joe (1)
- Goons Of Doom - She Wore Rat Skin Boots
- Guilty Simpson - Piglets
- High Tension Wires - They Fall Apart
- Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning (1)
- Korrupted Hoodlums - S.K.A.T.E.
- Koushik feat. Percee P - Cold Beats (1)
- LL Cool J - Rock The Bells (1)
- Louis XIV - Guilt By Association (1)
- McRad - Weakness
- Money - Your Love For Kristoffer (1)
- Motorhead - Eat The Rich
- Nas - Made You Look
- Oh No - Heavy
- One Man Army - It's Empty
- Ponce De Leon - Gator Jaws (1)
- Public Enemy - Harder Than You Think
- Queen Sea Big Shark - Hold Your Hand (1)
- Radio Reelers - Runnin' Out
- Rage Against The Machine - Sleep Now In The Fire
- Riverboat Gamblers - Uh Oh!
- Sam & Dave - Hold On, I'm Comin'
- Sly & The Family Stone - Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin) (1)
- Stiff Little Fingers - Alternative Ulster
- Suicidal Tendencies - Possessed 2 Skate (1)
- T.S.O.L. - Superficial Love
- Teenage Bottlerocket - Crashing
- Texas - Thieves Los Pool Riders
- The Clash - Death Or Glory (1)
- The Riptides - Return To Blood Beach
- The Specials - Ghost Town (1)
- Tickled Pink - Reach Out And Give Me Your Hand
- Underground Railroad To Candyland - Square Ball
- WAR - Low Rider (1)
- Wu-Tang Clan - Protect Ya Neck
- Year Long Disaster - Leda Atomica (1)
- Youth Brigade - I Hate My Life
Skate It and Skate 2 deliver all the style, fun, creativity and culture of skateboarding. Skate It is rated E by the ESRB and Skate 2 has not yet been rated. Skate It will ship holiday 2008 and Skate 2 will ship early 2009.
Skate 2 will be released for the PS3 and the Xbox 360 in early 2009, or if you cannot wait until 2009 can pick up Skate It for the Wii this Fall.