The Sims 3 features a brand new engine that allows you to immerse your unique Sims in an open living neighborhood where they can roam and explore all new surroundings including the beach, mountains and town center. The neighborhood is alive and constantly evolving so what happens to a Sim on one side of the neighborhood could impact your Sims on the other side of town! If your Sims are in the right place at the right time, who knows what might happen? And now for the first time, your Sims have distinctive personalities thanks to a range of all-new personality traits. You have the option to select from dozens of personality traits such as brave, artistic, kleptomaniac, clumsy, paranoid and romantic. Combine up to five traits to create an endless number of truly diverse individuals.
The all-new Create-a-Sim allows you to completely customize your Sims' appearances making every Sim unique. The feature is easy-to-use and more powerful than ever, letting you fine-tune every aspect of your Sims face, customize their hair color, select the exact shade of their skin tone and determine much more to make lifelike Sims. It's never been easier to make Sims that are thin, full-figured or muscular and everything in between! In true The Sims fashion, you can customize everything. The Sims 3 allows for infinite possibilities to design the interior and exterior of your Sims surroundings.
Additionally, you can enjoy the challenge of short-term and long-term goals and then reap the rewards! Based on personality traits, skills and career choices, your Sims have short and long term Wishes that provide constant fun challenges, things to do and achieve. You have the ultimate freedom to choose whether to fulfill their destiny, giving them lifetime happiness and rewards or not! Will your Sim skyrocket from latrine cleaner to an astronaut, go from being a rabid fan to a sports legend or will you choose an alternate destiny? In The Sims 3, life is what you make it!
Recently honored with a BMI Film Music Award for his work on The Transformers soundtrack, Jablonsky has been repeatedly recognized for his contributions to film, TV and videogames. Now, his talents will be used to infuse a rich, orchestral sound into The Sims 3 to reflect the game's new seamless open neighborhood.
"We are very excited about the new direction of the music in The Sims 3. We really wanted to convey the significance of the seamless open neighborhood with each aspect of this game because it is a key innovation from the previous game and Steve has done that beautifully with the sound," said Ben Bell, Executive Producer of The Sims 3.
In addition to the theme music, Jablonsky's score is featured throughout key areas of the game. For instance, in Create A Sim, the music will reflect the creative nature of choosing from a selection of facial features, hairstyles and outfits. There will also be a unique sound to distinguish build and buy modes in which you can create your dream home and design the neighborhood. In The Sims 3, you are able to visit many areas of the town for the first time, such as the beach, gym, bistro or even a friend's home. The music will also follow suit. For instance, when you are walking by the beach, the sound will coordinate. You might hear seagulls, waves crashing and the music will reflect the breezy feeling of being near the ocean. The gym will also feature appropriate music suited for that specific environment, such as fast paced disco tech.
The Sims 3 offers you unparalleled opportunities for customization with each aspect of the game, including music. You have the freedom to choose the ambient sounds of your game. The stereo feature offers you a wide range of genres to choose from or you can load your own music! In addition, now you have the freedom to completely customize the sound of your Sims voice. You can choose from a wide variety of voices and then alter the pitch to create unique sounding Sims.
"It is extremely exciting to be involved in a blockbuster project like The Sims 3, where the music sets the tone for the entire user experience," said Jablonsky. "Working on one of the most anticipated games in the world, not to mention the best selling PC franchise of all time, is quite an honor and I've had a blast getting to know The Sims 3 team of talented individuals."
Jablonsky was first introduced to music at the age of twelve, when his grandfather bought him a clarinet as a birthday gift. He quickly developed a passion for music, performing in several orchestras during his teenage years and graduating from the University of California, Berkeley, with a degree in Music Study. His interest in film music started at an early age, influenced in particular by film composers Ennio Morricone and Hans Zimmer. He went on to score, compose or direct the music for such films, TV shows and videogames as Transformers (2007), The Island (2005), Desperate Housewives (2004-2007) and Command and Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath (2008).
"We are very excited about the innovations of The Sims 3, and even more thrilled to have a composer of Steve's caliber crafting the sound of what is clearly the most globally anticipated game of the year," said Steve Schnur, Worldwide Executive of Music and Audio at EA."We hold our games' original music to the same creative standards as major movie studios, and Steve Jablonsky has both a remarkable talent for scoring blockbuster entertainment as well as an innate understanding of the interactive opportunities of the videogame medium.We are thrilled that he has now brought his unique expertise to the dramatic, energetic and playful world ofThe Sims."
The Sims 3 Collector's Edition will also be in stores on February 20, 2009. The Sims 3 Collector's Edition will include the full game along with additional collectable The Sims merchandise and a bonus in-game Italian-Style Sports Car unavailable elsewhere. A limited number of copies of The Sims 3 Collector's Edition will be available worldwide, and those who pre-order the product from select retailers will receive an additional exclusive in-game vintage sports car and a collectible poster that is a first look at the neighborhood, all available while supplies last.
The Sims 3 Collector's Edition will include:
- The Sims 3 Game for PC
- The Sims Plumbob USB Drive with matching Green Carabiner
- Exclusive In-Game Italian-Style Sports Car
- Tips and hints guide
- The Sims 3 Plumbob Stickers
- New Seamless, Open Neighbourhood the Neighbourhood Freely.
- See the sights with your Sims! The new seamless neighbourhood architecture allows your Sims to roam freely around the neighbourhood and visit their loved one and friends—or foes. Discovering other Sims homes and families, travelling around to new locations like City Hall or the local park will create a whole new way of life for your Sims. Storytelling options will multiply as your Sims stroll downtown to meet new acquaintances, head across town for lunch, spy on their neighbours and bump into the boss when they least expect it.
- New Create A Sim—Create Any Sim You Can Imagine.
- In addition to the open, living neighbourhood, the all-new Create-a-Sim interface will feature easy-to-use design tools that allow you to make truly detailed Sims that are more realistic than ever. Create-a-Sim gives you the incredible freedom to customize just about any Sim you can imagine. From thin to full-figured to muscular—everything in between and even the extreme! In addition to determining your Sims body shape and size, you will also be able to fine-tune every feature on their faces, customize their hair style and select their skin tone, all from a vast selection of options. With so many choices to choose from, it is fun to create more realistic characters that look like you, someone you want to look like, or even a famous personality.
- New Realistic Personalities—Every Sim Is A Unique Person, With A Distinct Personality
- With the innovative and proprietary Realistic Personality System in The Sims 3, you can attribute each character with five distinct personality traits, helping shape your Sims behaviour and how they interact with others and their surroundings. This new system will empower you to create extremely complex and diverse in-game personalities. Will you create the nosy, inappropriate, kleptomaniac grandmother who loves to meddle in other people’s business? Or the commitment-phobic, hot-headed punk rocker whose rude nature and childish disposition keeps him from scoring a date? In The Sims 3, Sims will go beyond the basic set of day-to-day needs to be distinct individuals with multifaceted personalities, who can focus both on short-term opportunities and long-term goals. With a wide selection of personality traits to mix and match, more than 700 million combinations of Sims await. You never know who’ll meet in The Sims 3!
- New Unlimited Customization—Everyone Can Customize Everything!
- New and accessible creativity tools in The Sims 3 make it simple for anyone to customize anything, anywhere! From floors to flowers, fashions to sofas, wallpaper to window shades and more, The Sims 3 gives you all the flexibility and options you need to be the architect of your dream house or explore your interior design skills to outfit your ultimate home. Your Sims can make home an ultra-deluxe mansion, a cool bachelor pad, family’s dream home or charming cottage. The choice is yours in The Sims 3.
The Sims 3 is currently scheduled for release in Feb. 20, 2009.
More articles about The Sims 3