Pop Star Guitar is a Music-Based rhythm-action game for tweens and teens in which the player adopts the role of a lead guitarist forming a band, helping band-members to become stars The game will feature popular licensed music performed by the original artist like Miley Cyrus, Maroon 5, Fall Out Boy, Rihanna, Jonas Brothers and many more!
The game takes the player through a journey of self-improvement and transformation.Throughout the game the player improves his or her skills to deliver better, more challenging and rewarding performances that in turn delivers success, money, independence and fame.
PopStar Guitar features a single player Career Mode and two-player Co-operative Mode, along with single player and multi-player mini-games. The game takes the player on a musical journey that starts with forming a garage band to playing at 25 unique venues and eventually performing in the worldwide "Battle of the Bands" contest. Twelve playable characters are featured in the game and can be customized to give the band its own unique look.
“The popularity of music rhythm games is at an all time high, but to date the games have primarily featured hard core metal, classic and alternative rock music,” said Steve Grossman, chief executive officer of XS Games. “With popular songs from today’s top pop artists, PopStar Guitar is a game the whole family can enjoy. We’ve also created a dynamic new air guitar game play experience with our AirG peripheral for Wii, allowing players to have a blast as they unleash their inner pop star.”
Over 50 Songs Including Original #1 Hits:
- Thanks For The Memories by Fall Out Boy
- Sugar We're Going Down by Fall Out Boy
- Misery Business by Paramore
- Dirty Little Secret by All-American Rejects
- Move Along by All-American Rejects
- Shut Up and Drive by Rihanna
- S.O.S by Jonas Brothers
- See You Again by Miley Cyrus
- Wake Up Call by Maroon 5
- Makes Me Wonder by Maroon 5
- All The Small Things by Blink 182
- Welcome To My Life by Simple Plan
- When I'm Gone by 3 Doors Down
- It's Not My Time by 3 Doors Down
Exclusively for the Wii, PopStar Guitar will come with the AirG, a peripheral that snaps onto the Wii Remote and turns the controller into an electrifying air guitar. For PS2 players, PopStar Guitar will function with any PS2 compatible guitar peripheral.
Martin Spiess, Executive Vice President - International, Midway Games Ltd, said, “PopStar Guitar is perfectly aligned with the mainstream console demographic and the genre performs particularly well in Europe. We believe that Midway’s dynamic marketing approach will ensure the game is one of the year’s successes.”
- Single player Career Mode
- Single player and multi-player mini games
- 60 pop songs, including masters performed by the original artist
- 12 playable characters (6 male / 6 female)
- Form your own band and customize your band’s look
- 25 visually stunning venues
- 20 lead guitars, 20 bass guitars, 20 rhythm guitars, 10 drum sets. Each with a unique shape and / or texture
- VIP vehicles
- 3 Difficulty Levels – Easy, Medium and Hard
- Unlock videos of your band in Studio Mode
PopStar Guitar will be available in North America for the Wii/PS2 in Nov. 2008 for $29.99, while there has no European date been set yet.
More articles about PopStar Guitar