In her Wii sequel, Mama brings a lot more to the table, including all new 3D graphics, new recipes, comedic kitchen minigames, new gameplay modes and much more!
In Cooking Mama World Kitchen, Mama and friends have a whole new look given the game's upgrade to full 3D graphics. By utilizing the Wii Remote as a universal kitchen utensil, players can simulate actual cooking by chopping, grating, slicing, stirring and rolling their way through all new recipes that range from parfait to shrimp au gratin. Best of all, kitchen mistakes during meal preparation result in comedic mini-game surprises; for example, if you flip a burger too high, you can control Mama as she rushes in to save the day by catching it in her apron. Finally, a new game play mechanic integrates traditional Wii Remote utensil play with additional rhythm and motion that makes cooking easier and more enjoyable.
Cooking Mama World Kitchen lets players use the Wii Remote as a universal cooking utensil to chop, grate, slice and stir their way to culinary greatness. Players can complete 51 new recipes including French fries, parfait, Ratatouille and pancakes. In this latest installment of the beloved franchise, Mama and friends also benefit from a graphic upgrade to full 3D. Players can cook for Mama's approval in Cook with Mama mode; prepare meals for any of eight international friends to taste in Let's Cook mode; and team up with a friend to create meals together in the co-operative Cooking Contest mode. A fourth bonus mode is even unlockable once players complete all 51 recipes! Best of all, every mistake made during meal preparation results in a comedic mini-game that lets players use the Wii Remote in new motion based ways to save the recipe, and the day, with Mama and her little dog Max.
- The Wii Remote is your universal cooking utensil, putting you in total control of the cooking action as you chop, grate, slice, stir, roll and much more! Hold and point it in many different ways depending on the task to get the real sensation of cooking in a kitchen!
- Mama and friends look glorious in all new 3D graphics!
- All new recipes including: potato salad, California Roll, parfait, ginger pork, shrimp au gratin, fruit jello and many more
- Cook off against friends in 2 player local play
- New gameplay mechanic integrates Wii Remote utensil play with additional rhythm and motion that makes cooking easier and more enjoyable
- Share the cooking experience with Mama and all of her friends since everyone can now prepare meals in Mama's kitchen. Mama's friends will evaluate your meal once it's made so put in the extra effort to satisfy these finicky tasters.
- New kitchen surprises in the form of comedic mini-games (i.e. flip a burger up in the air and Mama's dog will run in and snatch it away; toss a pancake and control Mama as she runs in to save it with an apron catch)
- Save these surprise animations in an album you can review after gameplay
- Real-time effects make you feel like you're actually cooking. Adjust your timing and make decisions about your next course of action based on what you see on screen (i.e. if food is starting to look burned, quickly remove it from the burner, etc.).
- Earn bronze, silver, and gold medals from Mama in Let's Cook mode based on the quality of your cooking.
Cooking Mama World Kitchen for Wii is expected on North American shelves Nov. 18, 2008 ($49.99), while Europe has to wait until 2009.