The sequel will continue the original game’s spine-tingling supernatural suspense story of an escalating paranormal crisis that threatens to destroy a major American city. At the center of the calamity is the mysterious Alma, whose rage against those who wronged her triggered a chain of events that have spiraled completely out of control. Now that she has free reign, the consequences will be unimaginable.
Beginning shortly before the ending of F.E.A.R., a Special Forces squad is on a routine mission when the city of Auburn is rocked by a supernatural explosion. Alma, a girl with immense power and a thirst for revenge, has unleashed her wrath upon the city and thrown it into chaos. The squad must combat enemy forces and the supernatural as they struggle to find a way to stop Alma and uncover the mysterious forces arrayed against them before it’s too late.
Featuring enhanced enemy AI and weapons, as well as new locations and powers, Project Origin resumes the gripping tale of suspense, action and horror that begun in F.E.A.R. Beginning shortly before the ending of the first game, a Special Forces squad is on a routine mission when the city of Auburn is rocked by a supernatural explosion. Alma has unleashed her wrath upon the city.
“More and more gamers are taking advantage of digital distribution to access videogames,” said Thomas Gewecke, President, Warner Bros. Digital Distribution. “Digital distribution is going to be an important facet of the gaming world and we are glad to be a part of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment’s efforts to offer additional, convenient, and flexible options for players.”
“F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin is the sequel we've all been waiting for and we are fortunate to team with Warner Bros. Digital Distribution to deliver this highly anticipated, edgy thriller to fans of the series,” said Samantha Ryan, Senior Vice President, Production and Development, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “With these new digital partnerships, players will have more options to decide how and when they want to experience the next bone chilling installment in this renowned series.”
- Strategic environmental combat opportunities available to both you and your enemies
- Slow time using your character’s enhanced reflexes
- In your face close-quarter action in a variety of indoor and outdoor environments
- Battle all-new enemies that employ advanced combat tactics
- Test your nerves and face your FEARS as you battle new characters and unravel a terrifying mystery
- Utilize the world interaction enhancements to create instant cover or remove obstacles
- Play with and against friends in multiplayer competition
- Enhanced graphics engine takes action horror to new heights through enhanced visuals and effects
- Enemies behave realistically and use the environment against you through vastly enhanced enemy Artificial Intelligence
- Maintains the authenticity of the Alma storyline and players will know this is the only place to continue the saga
More articles about F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin