Based on Games Workshop's epic and longstanding tabletop fantasy war game, WAR is a unique MMORPG that features revolutionary Realm vs. Realm (RvR) gameplay that will immerse players in a world of perpetual conflict for years to come. WAR has been recognized for its unique play style that appeals to novice MMO players while offering incredible depth for more seasoned players.
Beginning on October 29th, players can take part in WAR’s first-ever live in-game event and tackle four new Public Quests, along with a host of other frightening new content to earn special, seasonal rewards including rare costume masks, unique titles, potions, trinkets, and special, event-only cloaks. Some of these unique rewards can be looted from the corpses of enemy players during Realm vs. Realm play, so the combatants of WAR are urged to do their duty this Witching Night and continue their assault on the opposing Realm!
Beware! The Witching Night approaches and the division between the living and the dead grows thin. Ancient horrors have awoken from their slumber, daring brave warriors from both sides of the battle to fight in the name of glory! Evil necromancers raise the dead and spread wickedness across the land, witches plot around steaming cauldrons of evil, and the spirits of fallen warriors haunt battlefields across the land. Only the bravest of heroes need venture forth on Witching Night when childhood nightmares come to life to terrorize the lands.
- Based on Games Workshop's popular Warhammer fantasy world. Dominated by force of arms and magic, this world provides a rich setting for hundreds of thousands of players to experience the epic nature of war and the glory of battle.
- Join one of six Armies and fight for the Armies of Order (Dwarf, High Elf and Empire) or the Armies of Destruction (Greenskin, Dark Elf, or Chaos). Wage war across three unique battlefronts.
- Next generation Realm vs. Realm game system integrating both PvP combat and PvE quests on the same map in support of the greater war.
- Engage in four levels of RvR combat:
- Skirmishes: Incidental PvP combat
- Battlefields: Objective-based battles in the game world
- Scenarios: Instanced, point-based battles balanced with NPC Dogs of War
- Campaigns: The invasion of enemy lands culminating in the assault on their capital city
- Undertake a wide variety of PvE quest types related to an army's war efforts, including:
- Public quests that benefit from the participation of the entire army
- Conflict quests that pit players against an enemy with opposing goals
- Branching quests that let you choose the outcome of the quest and your reward
- Xmas quests that reward exploration with high value loot
- A robust combat system introduces Player Tactics (earned powers you equip prior to battle) and Morale Skills (combat options that increase in power when the momentum of battle is in your favor).
- Player models that change to reflect the relative power of a character (i.e., Orcs grow in size and Dwarfs' beards get longer). Customizable armor and a visual guild system allow a player to make their character truly unique.
- Embark on an epic quest to complete the Tome of Knowledge and unlock Warhammer lore, detailed monster information, and major story plotlines.
- Online play requires a subscription and Internet connection.
More articles about Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning