Featuring exclusive playable characters and quests, Eternal Sonata allows players to join Frederic Chopin during the final hours of his life as he travels to a realm of dreams in this award-winning adventure. Fans can catch a glimpse of this new version with the downloadable demo that is now available on the PlayStation®Network.
Famed 19th century composer Frederic Chopin hovers between life and death as he takes players on a journey in an enchanted dreamland. Bold heroes, terrifying monsters and breathtaking environments are encountered during the voyage through this vivid world. Utilizing a stunning cel-shaded graphics engine, the beauty of Chopin’s music is magically brought to life.
The struggle between good and evil becomes more extreme thanks to the innovative combat system which seamlessly mixes turn-based and real-time elements, breaking the mold of conventional role-playing genre battles and offering the opportunity for imaginative strategies and thrilling action. Additionally, the unique “light and dark” aspect of the combat system enables players to execute different special attacks depending on whether they stand in light or shadow.
Originally released in 2007 for the Xbox 360, the PS3 version of Eternal Sonata will host new game content, cut-scenes and features. Fresh faces join familiar friends as exclusive playable characters, Serenade and Crescendo, are added to the already impressive roster. New outfits will also be available for players to modify the look of members of their party. Exciting new quests, new music, and all-new dungeons round out the robust additions to this critically-acclaimed title.
- Custom-Made for Next-Gen: Enjoy amazing, high-definition, anime style cel-shading and high quality textures shine to truly deliver an awesome next gen experience.
- Innovative Battle System: Battle using a unique hybrid turn based/action RPG system that combines free-roam and turn-based action (up to three players during battle).
- Strategic Use of Light and Darkness: Adjust your battle strategy in the ongoing struggle between light and darkness. Beware of enemies lurking in the shadows, as their stats – attacks and potency – will change, as will their physical form. Lure them out into the light or destroy them there in the cloak of darkness. Also, change your special attacks depending on whether you are in the light….or in the dark.
- Dramatic and Evolving Storyline: Experience a deeply moving story focusing on the enduring struggle between good and evil all while taking place in a dream during the final 3 hours of world-famous music composer Frederic Chopin’s life.
- Mesmerizing Music: Listen as world-renowned pianist Stanislav Bunin performs Chopin’s original compositions, which are a key element in the environment and story of Eternal Sonata.
Eternal Sonata is now available in North America on Xbox 360, and will launch this fall on PS3.
More articles about Eternal Sonata